Anybody been discharged from a DRO yet?

Options
jamesb1239
jamesb1239 Posts: 648 Forumite
Hi, due for AD on DRO on the 14th of this month and havent heard anything from the IS since the original confirmation letter.

Has anyone been discharged yet? Just wondering if I am to expect a letter to tell me I have officialy been discharged or a new SOA etc.

Thanks

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Far as I'm aware you won't receive anything in writing, it'll just automatically become discharged.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • jamesb1239
    Options
    As simple as that, I just know with BR you get some kind of letter, thought it would have been the same with DRO.

ah well, 13 more days to go!
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    keep a look out here then soon as the register says your discharged from the DRO print some copies off just in case you ever need

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • beentheredonethatstilhere
    Options
    jamesb1239 wrote: »
    As simple as that, I just know with BR you get some kind of letter, thought it would have been the same with DRO.

ah well, 13 more days to go!

Nope! you don't get a letter on AD from bankruptcy either, just the change on the register when you click through your name.

As Philnicandamy says print out some copies when it does happen as you may need some for future reference.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • jamesb1239
    Options
    Just to let you know, and to maintain continuity for anybody reading this thread, my moratorum period ended today, the eiir page shows the period as ended. I also called up the DRO Unit and asked if they can send me something to confirm and they are sending me a discharge letter stating that I am no longer liable for the debts. :beer:

So to answer my own question, you don't get a letter from the IS, but they will send you one if you ask.

I just cant believe its all over and done with
  • elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let you know, and to maintain continuity for anybody reading this thread, my moratorum period ended today, the eiir page shows the period as ended. I also called up the DRO Unit and asked if they can send me something to confirm and they are sending me a discharge letter stating that I am no longer liable for the debts. :beer:

So to answer my own question, you don't get a letter from the IS, but they will send you one if you ask.

I just cant believe its all over and done with

Thanks for that info, my DRO finishes nxt Thursday (touch wood and all that!!:)), so I shall follow your advice and ring the IS for a discharge letter.

Good luck for the future!!!:T
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • jamesb1239
    Options
    The really funny thing is, I havent heard anything from creditors for months, and then this morning on the day of my discharge I got a nice red letter from Wescott. How nice it was to tell them politely where to go :j
  • jamesb1239
    Options
    Just an update, I received the promised discharge letter this morning.... It wasnt what I was expecting, the lady who advised me that they would send one was mis-informed and they don't send any kind of confirmation out.
    Interestingly enough they also said that although the creditors have no remedy to the debt, there is nothing that can be done about them pursuing me for it :(

Anyway I have attached the body of the letter below so that you can all judge for yourselves whethere it is worth requesting or not. I suppose it would be useful to include in the credit file clean up etc as it states that the creditors have no remedy.

Dear Sir,
    RE: Your Affairs - Debt Relief Order Number: DR0*******

I refer to your recent enquiry regarding the end of the moratorium period applicable to your Debt Relief Order.

I can confirm that the moratorium period ends automatically and therefore no action is required on your part to bring it to an end. There is no certificate provided or available to confirm completion of the period.

At the end of the moratorium period you are discharged from all the qualifying debts specified in the Order, including interest, penalties and other sums which may have become payable in relation to these debts since the application date.

Your discharge from the qualifying debts does not apply in relation to any debt that was incurred in respect of fraud or fraudulent breach of trust to which you were party.

You may continue to receive correspondence from creditors scheduled in your Debt Relief Order, however no creditor has any remedy in respect to those debts and may not commence proceedings for recovery subsequent to the end of the moratorium period.

I trust the above clarifies your position and would advise that if you still have concerns regarding your position, you seek independent legal or financial advice.

Yours Faithfully

Assistant Official Receiver
    Debt Relief Order Unit Manager

• elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update, I received the promised discharge letter this morning.... It wasnt what I was expecting, the lady who advised me that they would send one was mis-informed and they don't send any kind of confirmation out.
    Interestingly enough they also said that although the creditors have no remedy to the debt, there is nothing that can be done about them pursuing me for it :(

Anyway I have attached the body of the letter below so that you can all judge for yourselves whethere it is worth requesting or not. I suppose it would be useful to include in the credit file clean up etc as it states that the creditors have no remedy.

Dear Sir,
    RE: Your Affairs - Debt Relief Order Number: DR0*******

I refer to your recent enquiry regarding the end of the moratorium period applicable to your Debt Relief Order.

I can confirm that the moratorium period ends automatically and therefore no action is required on your part to bring it to an end. There is no certificate provided or available to confirm completion of the period.

At the end of the moratorium period you are discharged from all the qualifying debts specified in the Order, including interest, penalties and other sums which may have become payable in relation to these debts since the application date.

Your discharge from the qualifying debts does not apply in relation to any debt that was incurred in respect of fraud or fraudulent breach of trust to which you were party.

You may continue to receive correspondence from creditors scheduled in your Debt Relief Order, however no creditor has any remedy in respect to those debts and may not commence proceedings for recovery subsequent to the end of the moratorium period.

I trust the above clarifies your position and would advise that if you still have concerns regarding your position, you seek independent legal or financial advice.

Yours Faithfully

Assistant Official Receiver
    Debt Relief Order Unit Manager

It wouldnt hurt to provide us DROers with a discharge letter now would it??!!:rotfl:
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • jamesb1239
    Options
    Nope, not at all, but I have just been using the page from the electronic inbsolvency register and creditors seem to be accepting those. Sent a mass fax to them all on discharge day (as I havent got the money to send the recorded letters yet) to tell them that the DRO is over and to update CRA's with a satisfied status.
    I honestly didnt think they would accept it faxed but 2 so far have done as asked :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure