BeCheeky: Lost order and refuse to help.

I placed an order for just over £100 worth of goods nearly three weeks ago. I paid with my credit card. Delivery was free (as it was over £100) and sent RM Standard 1st class. It hasn't arrived.

I've been emailing BeCheeky to ask for them to chase it up, but they refuse saying their terms & conditions state I have to contact RM.
Please note that BeCheeky.com are unable to offer a refund for the goods if parcels sent by 1st class post go missing - you will need to contact Royal Mail for assistance.
http://www.becheeky.com/delivery-information-i-2.html

Can they absolve themselves of all responsibility like this?

Comments

• Ivory_Tinkler
    Ivory_Tinkler Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    No - your contract is with them and they should ensure that you receive your goods. It is up to them to chase Royal Mail and not you. Just check with neighbours, in outhouses or even ask at your local sorting office to see of your parcel is there and if not, go back to Becheeky and remind them of their obligations. If you have no luck then ask your credit card people to start a chargeback for non-delivery.
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I guess it's fortunate my order was for £100.50 - puts me over the £100 threshold for credit card claims!

I just can't understand how retailers get away with writing such conditions on their sites and then trying to enforce them. Surely they know what's legal and what isn't? :naughty:
  • Ivory_Tinkler
    Ivory_Tinkler Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Sponge wrote: »
    I guess it's fortunate my order was for £100.50 - puts me over the £100 threshold for credit card claims!

I just can't understand how retailers get away with writing such conditions on their sites and then trying to enforce them. Surely they know what's legal and what isn't? :naughty:

I think many of them do know their obligations but just see how much they can get away with!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    more fool them,they leave themselves wide open offering 1st class up to £100
    you're right Ivory Tinkler,just trying their luck with those T&C's
  • artbaron
    artbaron Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    They do it because many people will read the Ts & Cs and believe them, understandably. They don't expect to be conned and lied to by companies, but unfortunately these days that's the norm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure