can i work 16 hours a week and claim JSA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Tobiwan_Kenobi
    Options
    unclekevin wrote: »
    Basically i have been offered a temporary job working exactly 16 hours a week can i still claim JSA and also housing benefits?

As soon as you work 16 hours or more your JSA claim is closed. You are allowed to work less than 16 hours provided you declare your work by completing a B7 each time you sign.
    “I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
    Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
  • Tobiwan_Kenobi
    Options
    ebt247 wrote: »
    Sorry what i meant was - why would you want to claim anything off the state if you were a proud working person. Surely you would not want hand outs anymore?

If you earn below a certain threshold (I can't remember at the moment) you don't contribute the full NI contribution towards your pension/benefit entitlements. By continuing to sign on your Stamp will be paid.
    “I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
    Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
  • tea690
    tea690 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    i hatted being on jsa...managed to find a job that is only 18 hrs a week and i get tax credits..i have kids though
  • montage
    montage Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    ebt247 wrote: »
    Sorry what i meant was - why would you want to claim anything off the state if you were a proud working person. Surely you would not want hand outs anymore?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family