quick question about plastic growhouses?

edited 30 April 2010 at 11:03AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
3 replies 615 views
cooking-mamacooking-mama Forumite
2.1K Posts
edited 30 April 2010 at 11:03AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
I have the Wilko plastic groehouse with 4 shelves,im quite happy with it,tho it does seem to build up a lot of condensation...originaly my plan was to remove the shelves and add in a growbag for tomatoes once the plants are big enough,but the gardening bug has bit and i want to keep my shelved unit and buy a seperate growhouse for tomatoes/cucmbers etc.
Anyway,(eventualy)my question is;,what is the difference between green mesh type covers and clear plastic ones,and what would be best for tomatoes?

This one.?? http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=590950&Trail=searchtext>GORW+HOUSE

Or This one ?? http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Seed-Trays+Propagators/Wilko-Greenhouse-Tomato/invt/0273091?htxt=PsAGyAqy%2FDSGVBgOHPBfATKVETOKIWHcwqoICuDrG%2FxTcDPfxIrYzUvEu76RzzM6wutKTeo9AOCB%0AtDs76aYYKg%3D%3D

I think the homebase one is slightly smaller.but would it still be tall enough at 110Cm?
Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)

Replies

• TonyMMMTonyMMM Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The condensation is a lack of ventilation that is inevitable with these mini greenhouses. You need to open up the greenhouse during the day as much as you can, and just close it down at night ....
  • covlasscovlass Forumite
    562 Posts
    My plastic green house came with both type of covers I use the clear one in winter and green one in summer I may be wrong but I think the clear one allows more heat inside where as the green is slightly shaded
    " I would not change you for the world, but I would change the world for you"
    Proud to be parent of a child with Autism:D

When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change 'cause your amazing just the way you are
  • I didn't know that about the 2 covers covlass, I bought one of the plastic ones with some kind of mesh on them to replace the original one it came with which was clear and really poor quality - tried to fix it and ended up tearing it even more!
    Ahhhh.... lemony fresh victory is mineee!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals