Quinn Insurance allowed to write Uk business again

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
7 replies 1.1K views
JPS29JPS29 Forumite
1.6K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
The ban on Quinn writing new Uk business has now been lifted. It is implied that prices will rise however so the volume of business written before will not be achieved and the job cuts will still go ahead.

Replies

• Oscar_The_GrouchOscar_The_Grouch Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please post in the existing THREAD on this topic, rather than starting a new one.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please post in the existing THREAD on this topic, rather than starting a new one.

You got out of bed wrong side again, mister grump?
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quentin wrote: »
    You got out of bed wrong side again, mister grump?

STALKER

Go and find something more interesting to do, Quentin. Your pointless following me about the forums is becoming tiresome.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
  • My sons quinn runs out Sunday so I rang today to see what ncb he is entitled to for me to put into the quote machines but they said they are able to renew now. Only problem is when i went onto website it says they can only renew for provisional licences in Uk not full. Have been waiting 2 hours for them to ring back. Anyone know any more? Thnaks
  • hucksterhuckster Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read somewhere that with effect from 30/04/10 Quinn can also provide cover for full licence holders.

In view of the problems at Quinn, you might want to wait for them to confirm.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please refer to the existing thread on this matter HERE.

In addition, please refer to the statement by the Financial Services Authority HERE that confirms the Irish Regulator have given permission for Quinn to proceed with their UK business and removed the "provisional only" limit.
  • My sons quinn runs out Sunday so I rang today to see what ncb he is entitled to for me to put into the quote machines but they said they are able to renew now. Only problem is when i went onto website it says they can only renew for provisional licences in Uk not full. Have been waiting 2 hours for them to ring back. Anyone know any more? Thnaks

This was raised with the Administrators today, the systems within Quinns had to be overhauled in order to allow UK business policies to be renewed and written, this was due to come into force at 22:00 this evening.

The call centres are open on Saturday from 08:00 to 16:00, you will be able to get a quote then.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals