Proposed Company Removal

Options
Hi,

I have been late filling a company's annual return with companies house.

I now have a (recorded delivery) letter from companies house stating that they propose company removal.

To be honest - we do not use the company any more and I would like to get rid, however, it would be nice to pay the balance of the companies bank account (~1k) back to it's shareholders.

I phoned companies house and they said that I should use form DS1, but this form states that the bank account would be frozen and go to the crown.

Would I just be able to pay out dividends first - or would this look a bit dodgy?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just pay money to director and then wind down company, then the directors names will go into the london gazette. You cant have any debt doing that though.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll also need to make sure all its tax affairs are up to date as HMRC will probably object to the striking off if returns are outstanding or they think tax may be unpaid.
  • silverjay
    silverjay Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    I think the general rule is that you shouldn't have traded for six months. The company bank account needs to be closed prior to the Company being struck off the register. As previously mentioned all accounts and taxes need to be up to date. I'd ring your accountant and get them to sort it for you.
    Freebies Received: Supersavvyme bag, Olay moisturiser, Barbara Daly/Tesco Mascara, Seeds of Change Choccie, Yorkshire Tea Kenyan teabags, Tesco mobile sim cards x 2.

Won: Yorkshire Tea goodie box
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport