PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

LLoyds TSB Bankers Draft

Options
Me and my other half have been cleared to move into a flat this saturday however we where wondering if anyone knew how long a lloyds TSB bankers draft takes to get sorted, basically can we walk in there on the day and get it ?

Thanks for your help,

Comments

• BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It shouldn't take too long IF you have all of the information required to hand and you go to your own branch to have it drawn up. Why don't you give the bank a call and ask them?
  • Tomask_2
    Options
    Only got access to internet at the moment! Will be calling them soon as i can just thought i would try my luck here until i get out of work!
  • MME_2
    MME_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Yes just walk in but take some additional identification if you are not well known to the branch. Below a certain amount they will most probably write you a cheque rather than a draft unless you specifically ask for one. There is a £20 charge for this service as well.
  • Tomask_2
    Options
    Lovely thanks for the information everyone!
  • housebuyer_abc
    Options
    Tomask wrote: »
    Lovely thanks for the information everyone!

I've done this many times, however give them notice in advance - only a few people (maybe just the one if it's a small branch) have authority to sign the drafts or cheques.

If they are in a meeting / lunch / unavailable you'll have to wait as long as it takes
    The proof that some people really are opinionated and ignorant

Originally Posted by naff123 viewpost.gif
    Long nosed Tory looking down upon everybody!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MME wrote: »
    Yes just walk in but take some additional identification if you are not well known to the branch. Below a certain amount they will most probably write you a cheque rather than a draft unless you specifically ask for one. There is a £20 charge for this service as well.

Some branches will require notice to get a draft ready. Its not something that they typically like you to just walk in and arrange. Especially if its lunchtime. Its worth phoning in advance and giving the details so they can get it ready for you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure