Can anyone cheer me up!

Options
I am so sad today! :cry::cry: My father died one year ago today and I miss him like crazy every day.

I know to expect it but I have had a lot of emotional things going on recently and it just seems to have caught up with me today.

My ex-partner (who I still dearly care about) is due to go into alcohol rehab today - but apparently he has gone to get his "haircut"!!!! Not sure that would be a priority on my list so I am just hoping and praying that he does go!

I have had emotional problems with him recently and to be totally honest, I NEED the break too from him - please God he will go!

I know that if everyone threw all their problems in the air - that I would be happy to catch mine (as they are not that bad!) but I am just having a really sad day and it's not like me!
Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!

Comments

• mummy_Jay
    mummy_Jay Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like you've been bottling a lot of things up, let them out.

How about going somewhere you know your dad like, somewhere you feel close to him.

Big hug
  • cloverfan
    cloverfan Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    I lost my darling Dad last year too and my heart goes out to you.....nothing anyone can say can make any difference to your feelings but when I have down days I like to think about all the amazing things he ever did for me and my kids. Also how lucky your Dad must have been to have you because to some people I guess it would be just another day and they wouldnt really care??? I hope your ok. Will be thinking of you through out the day.
    Determind to make a better life for ME and my children

Thanks to hangingbyathread for making me include myself in the above xx
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    my dad died when i was 11,it was his 40th anniversary on april 25th he was 33.My mum died in august 2008. You will never forget, but just think of all the good things, i do, i still have moments when i get upset about both of them,but i shrug it off and remember the happy times. Other things affect you in life that makes every situation seem much worse,think positive thoughts. I hope your ex gets sorted xxx
  • MrsWoolfe
    MrsWoolfe Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I lost my Dad last August quite suddenly and it knocked me for six as he has always been so fit and healthy and was only 53. Like you I miss him all the time and I do think that because you're grieving other things that you probably could have breezed through become that bit harder and get you down more and more....

So I get where you are coming from, but as for cheering you up...umm ok it's a bank holiday weekend soon, the summer is teasingly in sight, the blossom out on the trees looks pretty gorgeous right now...may sound really silly but when I see things like that I feel like he's is still with us, like he's trying to remind me of the good things, this last couple of years has been pretty hellish for me...but even so little things make me happy and as time goes on I prefer to beleive that I've still got my Papa watching over me and helping me out when I need him.

If I'm really missing him I sometimes put in one of the old films he really loved- a comedy that you just can't watch without giggling, or I cook something that reminds me of him (hence why just now my flat is scented by scotch bonnet peppers?!) Think of a good time you had together. what were you doing? can you spend some time today doing something similar? I know it's hard but you need to let yourself remember him and miss him sometimes, hopefully with time it hurst less and the good times and memories can be thought of with a smile rather than sadness...

Sorry probably waffled on a bit but I hope some of it helps

MrsWoolfexxx
    If you're afraid of the big bad Woolfe....beware of the Mrs!:rotfl:

Moved into our first home 31.12.10:jLoving our little House on a Hill:D
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    things will get better i know it sounds awful atm but it will, my grandad died 5 years ago on 27th april of cancer, not my dad but we were very close i try to remember all the good things we shared and did. i idolized him and it really hit me hard i must bore people because i talk about him all the time but he had a passion for gardening so i am trying to continue this with my girls because i know it would have made him happy and it keeps me occupied i spent most of his anniversery in my garden being busy he would have laughed if he could have seen me
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    On the first anniversary of my dad's death I took the day off work and went to a garden centre, I bought a shrub and planted it in the garden. It is now known as dad's plant. It will be his 10th anniversary on 22 May this year and I will do the same. I really fancy buying a rodedendrum (sp?) this time and will look at it will fondest memories every year when it flowers.

Maybe doing something like that will help. You will never forget your dear dad and as time goes by you will think of him with happy memories and the rawness will fade, but that does take time and a year is still very new into the grief you are feeling.

I am sending lots of hugs :grouphug:to you and thinking of you at this time.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • snapping_crocodile
    Options
    It will be a year next month since my dad died very suddenly so I know exactly how you feel. As others have said try and remember all the good times you shared and how proud he would have been of you for coping so well. In reality these things are so easy to say and so hard to do, and I know I will be feeling exactly the same. I like the idea of the plant
  • far2812
    far2812 Posts: 919 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Got through that day - now onto the next - thanks all x
    Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    You're not alone. Just take each day as it comes, and try and enjoy whats good in life.

Big hugs xx.
  • skiTTish
    skiTTish Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to say you get over it but 7 years after losing my dad and I can still have total melt down now and again BUT it does get easier nad slowly you start to remember good things and can smile when you think about your dad :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure