Please help. Halifax has rejected my Credit card PPi complaint

Hi, just wondering if anyone can advise me about a complaint about PPI on my Halifax credit cards.

Halifax have rejected my complaint on the basis that I applied for these cards online. The cards were taken out in 2000 and 2004 but I have no way of knowing if the boxes were pre ticked or not.

Is anyone able to tell me how I can take this forward and if the boxes were not pre ticked is there any point in me fighting on - the PPI amounts applied to these accounts come to thousands of pounds. I was employed by the Civil Service when I took the 1st one and self employed when I took the 2nd, with some pre existing medical conditions (ongoing back poblem)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    kazza1000 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can advise me about a complaint about PPI on my Halifax credit cards.

Halifax have rejected my complaint on the basis that I applied for these cards online. The cards were taken out in 2000 and 2004 but I have no way of knowing if the boxes were pre ticked or not.

Is anyone able to tell me how I can take this forward and if the boxes were not pre ticked is there any point in me fighting on - the PPI amounts applied to these accounts come to thousands of pounds. I was employed by the Civil Service when I took the 1st one and self employed when I took the 2nd, with some pre existing medical conditions (ongoing back poblem)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Hi there

It may be more difficult to prove mis selling on an online sale basis, but many have still been successful.

Reading on here a while back, sure it was this site that someone had applied online but the application would not let them go ahead without accepting the PPI, it would not surprise me if this is the case for most.

You could try contacting the FOS on this maybe they will be able to look into this for you, give it a go, if they cannot then they may suggest another avenue to take.;)

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family