Egg Credit Card Balance Transfer To Current Account Help??

Hi,

I've applied for a Egg Credit Card with 0% interest till june 2011 (3% fee for balance transfer).

If i wanted to transfer money from the Egg card to my current account, how would i go about doing this? I'd have no money on the Egg card, just wanting to borrow some money for a short time and pay it back via direct debit.

It's not a huge amount, £600 tops so the 3% isn't going to kill me.

Thanks

Replies

• I'm a bit confused though as various websites have told me and directed me to the egg card, saying its a super balance transfer card but others on here ive read that the egg money world credit card can only do this?? Can i do it on the normal Egg Card as many websites have suggested.

Wont let me post links but if you search google for "super balance transfer cards" and click on credit card comparison thats one of the websites.

thanks
  • You will be able to do this online once you have the card, log into your account and follow the procedure
  • CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    On the Egg website they call it a convenient balance transfer - http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_11081--View_1766,00.html - highlighted in red the bit you're looking for
    Convenient balance transfers You can transfer balances online at any time from existing credit or store cards, loans or overdrafts, or balances that your second cardholder has elsewhere. A handling fee of 3% will be applied to balance transfers made in your introductory balance transfer period (except where we tell you otherwise).
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've applied for a Egg Credit Card with 0% interest till june 2011
    Hope it wasn't very recently? The Egg card offering generally rolls over on the first of the month, ie it'll probably be 0% until July 2011 (or better) come Saturday.
    If i wanted to transfer money from the Egg card to my current account, how would i go about doing this?
    From the Egg card FAQ...

How do I make a balance transfer?
  • Littlesusie_2Littlesusie_2 Forumite
    241 Posts
    I have the standard Egg credit card and it is possible to transfer money to your current account. I did it a few months back. Once you've finished all the authorisation stuff you can log in and use the transfer balance button. I managed it so it must have been reasonably straight forward
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals