welcome finance ppi claim

Options
my orig hp was for a car loan back in 1998, however, it was changed over to a personal loan a couple of years later with additional money released. We still pay this off at 20 quid per month, with around 1000 still on it. 1st letter to welcome came back saying final response and its been rejected, spoke to ombudsman today who say they werent regulated back then and need to contact underwriter for that year under welcome. can anyone please help with details or whether its not worth pursuing any more? Was a clear mis-sell of ppi as we never rec'd any policy about this, although welcome have confirmed that they are entitled to destroy my orig doc as it was more than 6 yrs ago.

Comments

• maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    debbie4 wrote: »
    my orig hp was for a car loan back in 1998, however, it was changed over to a personal loan a couple of years later with additional money released. We still pay this off at 20 quid per month, with around 1000 still on it. 1st letter to welcome came back saying final response and its been rejected, spoke to ombudsman today who say they werent regulated back then and need to contact underwriter for that year under welcome. can anyone please help with details or whether its not worth pursuing any more? Was a clear mis-sell of ppi as we never rec'd any policy about this, although welcome have confirmed that they are entitled to destroy my orig doc as it was more than 6 yrs ago.

OK just keep checking the responses here. Marshallka Is good on this stuff. All is not lost. Think you can direct your complaint to the Insurance Provider . Am sure somebody will help with this.
    :mad:
  • debbie4
    debbie4 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for that, if anyone can confirm who the underwriter would have been at that time 1998, it would be helpful so i could write to them directly. Had a look but could only find norwich union, but not sure at all bout that.
  • Common_Sense_2
    Options
    Welcome should be able to provide you with the provider of the insurance. but TBH - i doubt you have much chance of getting anywhere due to the age and the fact that it was effectively an unregulated industry back then.
    We've spent decades teaching people about their rights, but nothing about their responsibilities.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure