Bank charges

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 867 views
lampeterlampeter Forumite
17 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
If all failures then take the bank to the financial ombradsman. I worked for HBOS and the bank has to pay a £500 fee which is no refunable to the ombardsman regardless if they win or loose

So if you are reclaiming £200 in charges and threatened the ombardsman, then i am sure the bank will see sense

After all if you won then it would cost the bank the £500 fee plus the £200 refund

REMEMBER STAND YOUR GROUND AND DO NOT LET THE BANKS BULLY YOU

Replies

• natweststaffmembernatweststaffmember Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lampeter wrote: »
    If all failures then take the bank to the financial ombradsman. I worked for HBOS and the bank has to pay a £500 fee which is no refunable to the ombardsman regardless if they win or loose

So if you are reclaiming £200 in charges and threatened the ombardsman, then i am sure the bank will see sense

After all if you won then it would cost the bank the £500 fee plus the £200 refund

REMEMBER STAND YOUR GROUND AND DO NOT LET THE BANKS BULLY YOU

Do they have to pay them when the case is not upheld? I am not sure that they do.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • If the claim is vexatious they don't have to pay.

But lampeter, the bank's don't tend to fold just because a customer threatens to go to FOS because that can be seen as setting a precedence and opens a whole can of worms. I've seen customers happily handed their FOS rights by the bank I work for over £70.
    Getting married 02.08.14
    Wins for the wedding: membership for a 'wedsite' and app, £35 gift voucher for party supplies shop, £50 worth of hand painted signs, 1kg of heart shaped marshmallows :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals