Debts

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
1 reply 683 views
sassbatssassbats Forumite
2 Posts
Not sure what to do, husband (and inadvertantly myself) have built up HUGE credit card debts, we did manage to freeze them about a year and a half ago and are now paying approx £30 off a month to each one - is there anything else we can do. Obviously on top of these debts we have normal day to day expenses and sometimes the payments don't always go out and we get threatened with court action. My husband has now left me and I think the strain of carrying this problem alone has contributed to his decision. Please can anyone help?

Replies

• natweststaffmembernatweststaffmember Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sassbats wrote: »
    Not sure what to do, husband (and inadvertantly myself) have built up HUGE credit card debts, we did manage to freeze them about a year and a half ago and are now paying approx £30 off a month to each one - is there anything else we can do. Obviously on top of these debts we have normal day to day expenses and sometimes the payments don't always go out and we get threatened with court action. My husband has now left me and I think the strain of carrying this problem alone has contributed to his decision. Please can anyone help?

Credit card reclaiming will help reduce the amounts left(please see martin's guide).
    I would pop across to the Debt Free Wannabe forum as well for advice because they are pretty good at giving that. If you have got any bank charges make the bank aware of the situation because they might be able to help as well.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs