Barclays and London scottish

Options
Hi All,

Needing some help.

I sent a letter into barclays on February last year.
they sent me out a questionaire thing to fill in and send back which i did.
I then got a letter stating that i would have a response by end April Last year.
Forgot all about it till September last year and i sent them another letter didn't recieve a reply.
I have now tried to ring these and they say that this is still ongoing thing is i thought they had to let you know what was is going on within 8 weeks?
Just wanting to know what to do now?

Also i was miss-sold ppi with london scottish and i was wondering can i put a claim in with them being in administration?

Gem

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    gems3286 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Needing some help.

I sent a letter into barclays on February last year.
    they sent me out a questionaire thing to fill in and send back which i did.
    I then got a letter stating that i would have a response by end April Last year.
    Forgot all about it till September last year and i sent them another letter didn't recieve a reply.
    I have now tried to ring these and they say that this is still ongoing thing is i thought they had to let you know what was is going on within 8 weeks?
    Just wanting to know what to do now?

Also i was miss-sold ppi with london scottish and i was wondering can i put a claim in with them being in administration?

Gem

Hi Gem

I would in your case contact the FOS on this, as a year has moved on and ask if they can chase these up for you.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
    Explain your situation - tell them as time went on you had totally forgotten about it, and with lots of other issues going on, they should be able to write to them on your behalf, good luck.

In regards of London Scottish I believe these are in default, so you can try contacting the FSCS who are the financial compensation scheme, to request for a claim form, so you make a claim through these instead.

Many of us have had to do this when the business have gone bust and if they are listed with the FSCS.
    contact them here:
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/
    I'm sure these are listed with them, good luck.

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • gems3286
    gems3286 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have had a letter of london scottish saying. I got the PPI Insurance when i took a loan out for some doors with safestyle. They say that i have got to get in contact with safestyle as there we the broker that sold me the policy. Is this true?

I have contact FOS and they are going to look into this for me.

Gem
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    gems3286 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have had a letter of london scottish saying. I got the PPI Insurance when i took a loan out for some doors with safestyle. They say that i have got to get in contact with safestyle as there we the broker that sold me the policy. Is this true?

I have contact FOS and they are going to look into this for me.

Gem

Hi Gem

It is normally the ones who set this up is the ones you pursue, so see what the FOS has to say, they may even write to them on your behalf on request, good luck.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family