Weatherman

John Watson of Reclaim Expert rang today saying that for £49.99 they had secured me a repayment of £3000, all I had to do was phone Marvin Green on 02081239860. The address was 23 High St Bromley FE 20 7 HJ. Needless to say I did not but am worried as they appeared to have a lot of my details.

Comments

• Weatherman wrote: »
    John Watson of Reclaim Expert rang today saying that for £49.99 they had secured me a repayment of £3000, all I had to do was phone Marvin Green on 02081239860. The address was 23 High St Bromley FE 20 7 HJ. Needless to say I did not but am worried as they appeared to have a lot of my details.

You'll be amazed at the amount of details that are passed on. NEVER say YES to anyone on the telephone who make this kind of claims. Furthermore, I would report them to the MOJ since they have reclaimed the money yet failed to send it to you, lol. Isn't that fraud?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    John Watson of Reclaim Expert rang today saying that for £49.99 they had secured me a repayment of £3000

Have the guaranteed that?
    Needless to say I did not but am worried as they appeared to have a lot of my details.

There are different ways claims companies work. The dodgy ones may well have details that are not in the public domain and could be breaching the data protection act. However, another common method is to be a bit vague but steer the conversation so you actually tell them what you have. A bit like the way psychics get information out of people making them think they know about you.

If they have secured you a payment of £3000 then tell them to take their £49.99 from it. If they dont want to do that (which they wont) then that tells you all you need to know about them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure