A few questions about DVDs...

Hi there,
I wanted to know the answers to these as it was kinda bugging me lol.

1 - Is it legal to sell ex-rental DVDs (on ebay or anywhere else) as I see so many being sold.

2 - Are these lists for "DVD Titles for 2.20" a load of tosh are are they leading to fakes as it seems unbeliveable that you could get top titles for that price lol

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ROBDOLPHIN66
    ROBDOLPHIN66 Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi
    As far as I am aware it is alright to sell ex-rental DVDs (video chains do it) and ex-rental videos have been sold for years.
    With regard to top title DVDs for £2.20 - 99% of what seems too good to be true on eBay is usually just a link or a pirated copy. I would even be careful of sellers selling "too cheap" DVDs and CDs even if their feedback seems OK because I know lots of sellers that sell obvious illegal copies yet people still seem happy to leave positive feedback for them.
  • nalibz
    nalibz Posts: 2,724 Forumite
    z3phyr04 wrote:
    Hi there,
    I wanted to know the answers to these as it was kinda bugging me lol.

1 - Is it legal to sell ex-rental DVDs (on ebay or anywhere else) as I see so many being sold.

2 - Are these lists for "DVD Titles for 2.20" a load of tosh are are they leading to fakes as it seems unbeliveable that you could get top titles for that price lol

Thanks in advance.

i know of a site which sells dvds for £2.50 free p&p and am willig to supply it but dont want to be seen as referring. If i am allowed to then i will gladly put the site up on MSE for free. I warn you though, i am sure they are pirate copies.

nalibz
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    we were looking at a certain dvd for our daughter for her birthday early jan,, it went for over £6 in the end whilst keeping an eye on it i checked out the online dvd shops and got it much cheaper as it was a sale.. and free P&P if you dont want to take the risk of it being copied dont buy,,
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • z3phyr04
    z3phyr04 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for your comments I'll steer clear lol ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure