What would you put on the toss of a coin? Blog Discussion

New Post Advanced Search

What would you put on the toss of a coin? Blog Discussion

3 replies 1.7K views
Former_MSE_AndreaFormer_MSE_Andrea Former MSE
9.6K posts
I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler Savvy Shopper! Stoptober Survivor
✭✭✭✭
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "What would you put on the toss of a coin?" blog. Please read the blog first, as the discussion follows it.

Read Martin's "What would you put on the toss of a coin?" Blog
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Replies

• I'd be happy with 11/10 if I knew that the coin was going to be tossed a lot of times.
  • ericthelobsterericthelobster Forumite
    132 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    Sorry, I don't think this works at all - it depends entirely on whether individuals can afford to lose the £100 stake or not. The amount of the stake, and the odds you're prepared to bet at, are directly related.

Eg, if the stake was only £1, then I'd probably have a punt at 1:50 (ie 50:1 against me winning; however I really couldn't afford to lose £100, so even odds of 2:1 wouldn't tempt me...
  • Then just for fun, we tossed the coin. He called tails, it landed on my hand - and it was heads. At the result Darren jumped up and shouted “yesss, winner!”
    Anyone seen the game show Deal Or No Deal? The above quote suddenly reminded me of it!