Blackcircles

Options
I ordered two new Kumho KH17's this week and had them fitted today at a local garage. Great service all round. Will probably use them again when I replace the other two.

I was just wondering how the garage make any money out of the deal as I hear the tyres are couriered to the garage ready for your fitting. Do Blackcircles pay the garage a commission or something?

As for some reason I always thought the garage supplied the tyres and paid Blackcircles for generating them the custom. :o

Comments

• waynedance
    waynedance Posts: 673 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are a black circles fitting centre and they pay us for fitting each tyre, I think It is £13+vat for a 17" wheel. We only do it as it gets people to to our garage and a new customer.

I must say the garage I work at sells tyres also and mostly cheaper than black circles or the same. The net is not always cheaper.
    Google gives you answers use it.........
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I see.

Getting people to the garage is probably correct. As I will prob use the said garage again for other repairs as they were polite and friendly and didn't seem like a dodgy bunch like some garages I've been to in the past. :)
  • JQ.
    JQ. Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Options
    We've just replaced 2 tyres with Black Circles and the service from the garage was superb (Stockport). Can't fault them as the price was also fantastic as well. Will definately use them again. I also tried to get local centres to price match and no-one local could beat them.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got the details of my nearest affiliated fitter from the Blackcircles website and contacted them direct. They beat the BC price and the service was excellent.
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've been using blackcircles for a couple of years now. I love them !
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used Blackcircles for several years. The only snag I have found is that sometimes I want the tyre there and then and not the next day. However, on those occasions, I just ask my local tyre supplier if they can match or beat Blackcircle's price. They always do.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah you should always shop about, my monster in law went to the same dealer as it would've been with BC and got them about a tenner cheaper, including fitting.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport