We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Where can I buy a cheap tablecloth?

Having never bought one before (oh the shame!), the only place I can think of where I've perhaps seen them is Debenhams, but I'm guessing there'll be cheaper places out there.

Please can someone help me out?
«1

Comments

  • o-betty-o
    o-betty-o Posts: 19 Forumite
    You could try just getting a remnant from a fabric shop and putting a hem on it.

    I did this and got a really posh looking tablecloth for a grand total of £2.99! (it was nice thick material too!)
    2013 Competition wins:
    Jan - Iceing
    Feb - Football tickets
  • meryll83
    meryll83 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Good idea, but I don't have a sewing machine and don't think I'm that hot with a needle and thread! :rotfl:
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Buy a cheapo bed sheet or duvet cover from Asda or somewhere, use that double sided tape stuff you iron to stick to get it the right shape. :D
  • pastizzi
    pastizzi Posts: 381 Forumite
    la roudette do a nice range of colours and different sizes they also do the wipe clean ones or traditional damask or just plain cotton. if you have never shopped with them before you could take advantage of a first order discont even though they are reasonably priced anyway
    I LOVE BETTY CROCKER
  • kingla
    kingla Posts: 35 Forumite
    Dunelm Mill do a big range of oilcloth and vinyl type tablecloths on the roll that you can buy by the metre. I got a gorgeous flower design there last week, it was only around £2.99 a metre. Good value and hardwearing, though it does depend what you are looking for!
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 21 April 2010 at 3:22PM
    I have an oilcloth from John Lewis. I love it - but my table's in the kitchen so maybe not as suitable for a fancy one in a dining room. It's wipe clean but not exactly cheap - I think I was a wee bit over £20 for a table that seats 6.
  • charleybb
    charleybb Posts: 14 Forumite
    i got a couple from the range, they were about £5 i think. pretty good quality, i got a runner from there too.
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,849 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Wilkinsons?
    Ellie :cool:

    "man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,416 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Depends what you want it for! Markets have some nice ones, the sort of shop that sells everything has them. Never bought one in this country - favourite every day one is from italy, favourite dress one is from Morocco!!

    Make sure you get the right size for your table though - you need a good overlap. What size is your table - we can give you a bit more help if we know how big a tablecloth you need! Also need to know if it is just for covering the table, or if it is for a grand event of some sort.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    last one I bought was from Tesco direct
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.