We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Avatar Delvery on 26/04/10 anywhere?

Hi,
Does anyone know of anywhere I can pre-order Avatar on blu-ray and have it delivered on the day of release?
«1

Comments

  • Haru
    Haru Posts: 99 Forumite
    As far as I can tell with most pre-orders, delivery on the day of release is never actually guaranteed. :(

    I could be wrong, but I know I've never had much luck with them unfortunately.
  • emmliss
    emmliss Posts: 432 Forumite
    zavvi doing it

    http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/avatar/10083865.html

    get money back from topcahback to
    IM A DTDER ADDICT
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,416 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    My daughter says that pre-orders from Play.com come on the release day or just before. Can't be sure though!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Haru
    Haru Posts: 99 Forumite
    My daughter says that pre-orders from Play.com come on the release day or just before. Can't be sure though!

    Aah I hope she's right, that's where I pre-ordered my copy. :)
  • Play.com and HMV.com are both pretty good for getting you the item either on or before release date. :) And free postage so pretty good deal!
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Amazon tend to be quite good at pre-orders too, and will price match for day of release. The last book I ordered I re-ordered at £9.99 but was charged £5.81 on release.
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • adamski911
    adamski911 Posts: 110 Forumite
    I have pre-order mine with HMV but there is nothing on the site about when delivery will be made
  • Haru
    Haru Posts: 99 Forumite
    I just received an email from Play.com saying that it's been dispatched! :D
  • surfprof
    surfprof Posts: 83 Forumite
    Haru wrote: »
    I just received an email from Play.com saying that it's been dispatched! :D
    Yep. Me too. Hopefully here for the weekend.
  • pinkie_pie
    pinkie_pie Posts: 829 Forumite
    Arghhh!!!

    I used Amazon as I ordered Twilight with Play last year and it arrived two weeks late :eek:

    And now I've checked Amazon, it says despatch 26 April for delivery April 26 - May 4!!!! And I can't cancel because it's already been prepared for despatch??? (5 days early??)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.