Seriously considering DRO soon.

Options
freshstarterhere
freshstarterhere Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 18 April 2010 at 8:42PM in IVA & DRO
Have £9000 debt and seriously considering debt relief order as i meet criteria, does anyone have experience of this? i am in shared accomodation, would baliffs come around? thanks.

Comments

• DoshDolt
    DoshDolt Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Have £9000 debt and seriously considering debt relief order as i meet criteria, does anyone have experience of this? i am in shared accomodation, would baliffs come around? thanks.

Hi FSH,

First of all welcome to our little community.

I am no expert, but many people on this site are. So, hopefully you will get the answers that you are looking for.

The advice that I give anyone who is willing to listen is - bite the bullet and go to CAB.

I was guided through the maze by the wonderful staff at the CAB. (They have saved my house, my marriage and my sanity!!!:j)

Better advice will follow, but at least CAB will advise and help you free of charge.

Best of luck.

DD
    You have to fight, fight and fight again just to get what's yours.
  • elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options

Sticky at the top of the page has a wealth of information on DRO's.:)
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A DRO would halt any action for 12 months on any debt included in it, and after the 12 months the debts are written off, so as long as any debt with a potential for bailiff action was included in the DRO and it went through fine, then it would stop any further action from the bailiff but we really need to get more details about the situation to determine whether a DRO is suitable, it would be best to go to your local CAB if they have an approved intermediary and discuss it with them as there may be other options which are more suitable dependant on your circumstances.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • aimeelou32
    Options
    Hi there,
    I was put on a DRO 2 months ago and it was the best thing i have ever done, i was also having trouble with the baliffs but i have not heard anything from them since i called them with my DRO number.
    If you need to know anything else contact me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport