NTL billing query

Options
I'm with NTL and on 'talk unlimited' package but each month I'm getting several pounds worth of non itemised calls added to my bill which I am positive I;m not making, I have phoned them and queried this requesting an itemised statement as I dispute their figures. They firstly said they couldn't provide one but know that the figures are correct 'cos they can see the records from their end. When I pushed it they said I would have to pay to receive a fully itemised statement.

Is this right, surely if I'm disputing the costs it should be up to them to provide me with the information to prove their charging at no cost to me.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Such things appear to be quite common with them. Being a cynic, I wonder whether their debt problems (see HERE) might be the cause.
    NTL's net debt mountain now stands at an accountant-aneurysm-inducing £5.396bn.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    jen

get 2 speak 2 the right person and they CAN send u a list of calls.i stopped itemised bills ages ago and at one point i needed 2 contact them.the gentleman emailed the call list.

total clowns they r.lost my connection last nite and was told 2day ( got a friend 2 get me an alternative number) that the plug had bin pulled @ their end cos they weren't billing me.i KNEW that and i'd told them.wot they didn't do was ring me 2 tell me they were doing it.that's 2 cut a long story short.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure