Totally misleading

Options
I'm in the process of finding a cheaper phone provider (am currently with NTL), when I check on their web sites they do comparisons with other companies......and for talk unlimited package NTL say they are 50p cheaper then BT when in fact they are dearer, and Talk talk claim to be £5.51 cheaper than BT, when in fact BT are only a quid dearer. How do they get away with such misleading and inaccurate claims?

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    It was only recently that BT lowered the cost of their option 2 & option 3 price plans and although NTL/TeleWest are very much likely aware of it, they'll (NTL/TW) will try and claim they're still cheaper for as long as they can and if someone complains then they'll just say they were getting around to amending their comparison pages but haven't done it as yet.

The problem that NTL/TW now have is that BT's new price reductions are probably lower than NTL/TW was anticipating them to be so NTL/TW maybe looking at lowering theirs to remain competitive but this would mean increases in other areas I can imagine to compensate for the loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure