Egg - cannot be new customer within 12 months

Options
Just found out today, that if you do cancel a card with Egg, you cannot reapply within 12 months of cancelling. This may be useful in deciding whether to actually cancel Egg Card after your final balance transfer, or hang onto it in case they try to offer old customers incentives to use it (NB: I'm keeping my Egg Money for the cashback however - this was the Egg Card which stopped their fee free anniversary offer):
Me wrote:
Date: 07 Aug 2006
Time: 15:23
Subject:Cancellation

Last week, I cancelled my Egg Card, and was informed over the phone that I would have a couple of days to access the account online before the data became inaccessable.

5 days have passed and I am sill able to access the Egg Card account as if it were still live.

Would you please confirm:
1) that the card/account has indeed been cancelled
2) when that account will be inaccessable from internet banking.
3) when the cancellation of the account will show up on my CRA reports.

TIA.
Egg wrote:
Date: 08 Aug 2006
Time: 14:11
Subject: Cancellation

Dear Paul

Thanks for your message.

Your request for closure of your account 2nd August 2006 can take up to 17 working days to complete the closure process. If there's been any recent activity on the account it can take longer.

You'll be able to still view your last 12 months statements online although your account's closed.

You'll be unable to reapply for another Egg Card until your account's been closed for 12 months.

I trust this helps but if there's anything else I can assist with, please feel free to ask.

Regards

Maria Moriarty
Internet Customer Services
And yes - I've written back to fin dout the answer to #3.
Conjugating the verb 'to be":
-o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries

Comments

• humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    I cancelled mine back in April, but if you think about it as long as your regularly changing cards which lets face it average between 6 and 12 months for their special offers, I'm sure that 12 months will come round quite quickly

Not sure if Egg are any different to other card companies is setting 12 months as minimum periods???
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From empirical evidence, 6 months is the norm, a few do 3 months.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family