Can you have talktalk on a new BT line

Options
Hi

My sister got a new BT line installed last week. She has kept the same account number but got a new telephone number and it's at a new address.

Anyway, she asked me if she could sign up to talktalk. I thought yeah no problem and but through the application online for her. Now I'm thinking that was a bad move as she might still be contracted to pay BT line rental for the year. Is this correct?
Should she cancel talktalk and go with madasafish instead?

If she is contracted to stay with BT for the year, can she sign up to the half price line rental offer?

Thanks in advance

Ciarán

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    Something similar was discussed earlier today here.

It depends really. If it was a new connection (as in the house didn't have BT before) then it is subject to a 12month minimum term.

If it was a reconnection (as in the house did have BT before) then it is subject to only a 3month minimum term.

Either way, for the next 3months minimum (maybe longer if new connection) then you can't move linerental over to anyone else. You can, however, use CPS and transfer calls over and/or broadband - just not linerental.

TT don't really like people who don't want to move their linerental as well and none of their current offers would be of any benefit unless you take their linerental. In fact, I would steer clear of TT just for calls until such time as you're sister is outside the minimum term. TT don't even do free weekend calls anymore so for the interim you could try Primus for free evening & weekend calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure