Argh! OH is annoying me *rant alert*

Options
Hi, sorry but i need to rant!

My OH is really peeing me off about the guest list!

We have 45 guests for the day ceremony and have invited the important people to that (family & best friends)

And we agreed that 'normal' friends and work mates and extened family can come to the evening reception.

Well, i wrote who i want for the evening reception and he wont tell me who he wants to invite!! He says he doesn't speak to anyone at work and is quiet and doesn't really like anyone.

BUT when we discuss work other times (and no mention of weddings) he goes on about how he has loads of friends and talks to them all and likes them all equally.

Every week he says to me "Oh we can sort out the evening guest list tonight, i know who i want to invite from work"

Then when i try to get him to do it he does the "I have no friends in work, blah blah blah" :mad::mad::mad:

And you know why?! Because he's on his effing xbox and doesn't want to talk to me whilst its on!! :mad::mad::mad:

When i corner him when its not on, he'll just say "I dont know, turn the laptop on and we can sort it"
But when i turn the laptop on he turns the xbox on because 'Why should i be allowed to do something and him not!'

The wedding is in 8 weeks and i cant order the invites until he tells me. We work in the same place (im on maternity leave) and i know a few people who i want to come from work, and i know he has friends at work who he wants to come.

I know if i order the invites without his guests he'll moan about how im 'taking control and getting my own way, and its OUR day but im making it all about me and not even considering his ideas'

Honestly i feel like crying.

Sorry, had to get it off my chest. :o

Tell me to shut it if you want :p

Comments

• Dee-Dee
    Dee-Dee Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I too am an xbox widow so I know where you are coming from with that :o

Sounds like it is time to get tough. You could try hiding the xbox controllers and telling him that you need to know who he wants to invite as you are ordering the invites tomorrow and if he doesn't let you know tonight they won't be able to come.

Good Luck - I hope you manage to get an answer. x
  • hunnycat
    hunnycat Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    awww just take the fuse out the plug then he will think its broken;)

i have the opposite problem, when i ask who he wants to invite to the evening he rhymes off loads of names of people he works with on occasion! some people he has not even seen for years!!!!
    would love to win an ipad!
    A-Z Challenge - ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
  • undercover_angel
    Options
    Bless you!

Choose a time when he isn't on the xbox and say, here's a notepad and a pen, write down NOW who you would like to invite to the evening do and if you don't then they won't be coming.

Time to get tought me thinks, Good Luck!
    :love:11th March 2010- Got engaged to my amazing fiance, planning our wedding for 2012:love:
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I honestly thought the xbox was on its way out. It makes a dying sound when its on lol.

He's just got 40 games from his friend!

I think i might have to wind our sicky baby right next to the controller... :p

I did try going through his facebook friends and saying each name, all he had to do was say 'yes' or 'no' but that didn't work either lol.

I will make him talk! :D
  • sunshine_shell
    Options
    Hide them and tell him he isn't getting them back until he's given you a list i have finally got a date out of my OH but am not allowed to tak/book anything until after the 15th May (his rules) even though i have almost everything ready to rock and roll!!
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He's now said he doesn't care if none if them come. Grrr.

Ah well, the baby is pulling funny faces in her sleep, making me smile :)
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry what were you saying, was just on a difficult bit on my Xbox game :D

Mine is like that as well (only its me with the Xbox :o) I just made him a cup of tea one morning whilst he was still in bed, chucked the list at him and ordered 'write your list while I have a bath or else I will not let you invite anyone' :D
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unclip the hard drive and take his controllers ~ and tell him if he wants to act like a kid, that you're gonna treat him like one!

Give me some paper and a pen and tell him as soon as you have his list, he can have his toys back.

If he doesn't want to play ball, sod him, sort out the invites for the people you know you want to go and if he decides later on he wants people to come, let him sort their invites out x
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh gawd!! this is what its going to be like for the next however many years isnt it?
    'we need to make a decision about such and such'..no reply, just weird whirring noises and clicks now and again
    why are we, how are we, going to put up with it????:eek:_pale_:cry:
    ah never mind a, we get to wear a pretty dress:j:D:kisses2::heartsmil
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Hide the remote or better still hide the xbox - make him do the list, if not you will do the list for him and on his own head be it. If he is saying that he doesnt have friends at work then leave it at that and invite your own..he has had his chance and you can't keep hanging on for ever because the date will be on you before you know it...men can be so irritating at times..sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure