IVA and ppi reclaiming

Options
leeuk1
leeuk1 Posts: 7 Forumite
Hi

I completed an IVA last September and recently applied to get the PPI back on one of the loans(HFC bank). I was worried about reclaiming myself so used a reclaiming firm to help me. about 4 weeks later I got a letter saying i had won, reading the letter further the amount I had won was being used to pay off the amount outstanding on the loan. As far as I was aware because my IVA was complete all debts were too. I contacted the company who dealt with my IVA and explained the situation. They told me that my debt with HFC was sold on to Max recovery so HFC probably thought the amount was still outstanding. I conatcted HFC and explained this and was told to forward copies of my IVA completion papers. Today i recieved a letter from HFC telling me that I will still not get my money and it is being distributed between my credittors. As a result of this matter i now owe the claiming company £800 despite them operating a no win no fee scheme. in my eyes the only ones that have won are the claim company and the bank who are getting even more money off me despite my IVA being complete. HELP what can i do now???

Comments

• billybraggtastic
    Options
    Did you advise the company that submitted the claim on your behalf that you had been in an IVA? If so I'd tell them to take a run and jump, they knew your situation prior to processing the claim.
    :shocked: Debt @ January '10 =£79712 :shocked:

:dance: Debt @ November 2015 =£00000 :dance:
  • leeuk1
    leeuk1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Yes i did tell them, when i first contacted them, i told them I had just finished an IVA and would i be able to claim.
  • Choo_Choo_4
    Options
    I would have to agree with Billybragg ... the claim company knew that you had been in an IVA and you sought their advice in whether proceeding with a claim would be a good idea or not ...

You do not owe this company anything - if they want to get paid then they have to be successful in winning you monies - you have received NOTHING. There is no paper trail of money going into any bank account of yours surely - especially if HFC are paying this off an existing balance ...

WHY IS THERE AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE??? You have completed your IVA therefore in line with the terms and conditions of the IVA all remaining debts need to be written off so HFC or Max Recovery (whichever) are breeching this.

It might be an idea to contact the IP / Supervisor again - they might be able to / willing to drop the creditor a call to explain

I don't know if you will get any money from this BUT one thing for sure is that you do not owe the Claim Company anything - you did not proceed with a claim to earn HFC a few £ ... you've received nothing therefore owe nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure