Which new Current Account

Hi There,

Thanks for reading my post.

I have a barclays account and really think its time i changed banks.

I earn around £1000 a month and my priorities would be

1. Customer service
2. Good online banking
3. Overdraft fees
4. Would prefer a branch with tables and chairs but not essential

Any advice for who to use would be much appreciated. As there are so many

Thanks

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    NATIONWIDE...consistently higher than average interest rates overall, online service, direct debits ,credit cards, debit cards the full works, and in my case, a local branch, and free money when holidaying.
  • Customer service and good internet banking are both subjective, and for everyone who recommends a company on this board someone else will have had a bad experience. So therefore you can only really compare based on rate, in which case it looks like Alliance & Leicester. As long as you can pay in £1000 a month then you get 0% overdraft for the 1st year and then 7.9% after that. I've never been in one of their branches, but assume they have tables and chairs...
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another one leaving Barclays eh? I am in the process of doing the same after being with them for 9 years. I'm fed up with paying their ridiculous overdraft interest charges, customer service reps who don't know what they are talking about, etc etc etc. Before leaving them I wrote a letter asking them what I'm paying on o/d interest, credit interest, what is the best deal they can do for me as I'm thinking of leaving, etc and guess what, it's been three weeks and no-one has bothered to reply.I held on to the Barclays account this long because I thought there was some benefit in staying with one bank for many years. Now I realise that doesn't mean jack anymore.

Anyway after much research I have opened an account with alliance and leicester and am now slowly transferring all dds and standing orders myself. They seem to fulfill your criteria too.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure