🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Any advice is great - We have made a big decision - BANKRUPCY IS HERE....

Options

Comments

• Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    I was reading your thread today, sorry i havent posted... too much on my mind with all the SH**t we had today, The tax letter is actually very threatening !

What on earth are you gonna do! I for sure couldnt go back...

OH will be OK, just keep topping his wine up and told him to go and prepare supper....
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Mike, he's had enough wine now.

Have sat him in front of the xbox for an hour :rotfl:

I haven't a clue what I'm going to do. The worst case scenario is that I'll carry on as I am. They can't make me go back, although the money was great, it's not everything is it :confused:

Anyway, don't you worry about me. Seems like we're both having a bad Saturday.

Will we see you at the slumber party later?

:beer: :beer: :beer:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    Yeah... That sounds good !

Im still on the wine !
  • Addicted2Chocolate
    Options
    re: house: see leaflet 'what will happen to my home' from https://www.insolvency.gov.uk
    re: car on HP: HP company will be informed and will probably repossess, any shortfall a debt in the bankruptcy. you will not be able to save for a car, or save much, as if after essential outgoings there is a surplus you will pay between 50% and 70% of the surplus under an income payments agremment for 3 years
    re: council tax arrears, also National Insurance debt, income tax, VAT arrears incl assessments/penalties: all debts in bankruptcy
  • Addicted2Chocolate
    Options
    any savings you have will be an asset in the bankruptcy.
    Thanks Mrs V... What are your views on my car, house and the not going BKY for 3 months so we can save for a car and the fees we need to go BKY.

TA
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    Thanks A2C, but can I try and hold off for 3 months so we can save for a car ?
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    What if the savings were purley 'cash withdarals ' and were kept at home away from any admissions or banks ?
  • Addicted2Chocolate
    Options
    you will have to list cash in hand in the statement of affairs. so any cash at home would have to be disclosed. if you save and buy a small car worth £1000 and you can proove it is essential for work (travel to and from) then you may be able to keep it anyway, as it woudl be exempt.
    for essenrial for work you woudl need to show you cant use public transport eg antisocial hours, woudl take much longer etc.
    What if the savings were purley 'cash withdarals ' and were kept at home away from any admissions or banks ?
  • Addicted2Chocolate
    Options
    wish i was on the wine! i am 2 days overdue to give birth...
    Yeah... That sounds good !

Im still on the wine !
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    Ohhhh... a baby DFW could come at any time !

My plans are to get the car at least a day or 2 before the court date... would that be ok... that means the 2k would be gone !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport