Forum Home » Energy

meters with separate supply company

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

meters with separate supply company

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
1 reply 842 views
JimArnoldJimArnold Forumite
519 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
In this part of the country we have a separate water supplier (Portsmouth Water) and disposer (Southern Water)

Now if I have one supplier and have a water meter fitted my whole bill will (hopefully) go down by quite a bit but what happens if you have separate supplier do I get metered supply and still have to pay Southern on a rateable value basis ? This would reduce the savings by quite a bit

Anyone know from personal experience
TANSTAAFL !

Replies

• deanosdeanos Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should use the same reading from the 1 meter only 1 company will read and install usually the supplier, you will get billed seperate still, i would ring to confirm but thats how it should work.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support