Insurance renewal - Sheila's Wheels or Esure?

Options
Ive just had my car insurance quote and nearly fell off my seat. I was insured by Allianz through the AA last years policy was £375. This year my renewal is through Zenith and it £555 which is a bit of a hike.

I have found two quotes Esure and Shielas Wheels for around £ 380.

Anyone have any experience of these companies re claims etc. The reason I ask is that 2 years ago I had a nasty accident. ( not my fault) I was insured with Allianz at the time and there claims service was exceptional.

I HOPE i never have another accident...... but I would rather pay a bit more for a company that does provide good service, should I ever need it.

So if anyone has any dealing with either of these I would be please to know, good or bad.

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sheilas Wheels and Esure are the same company. I would not recommend these people as judging by many comments online, customer service is an opitional extra.

My advice would be use a decent local Insurance broker (not Swintons) to look for you. Often brokers can find competitive quotes with good Insurers and you have the back up of the broker, should you experience any issues.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • stevemarsh1976
    Options
    Sheilas Wheels is just a different brand name for Esure so essentially the same company. Sorry I know little about there claims service.
  • justontime
    justontime Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    I was very unhappy with Sheilas Wheels, their admin and response to enquiries was very poor, the people who answered the phone were dreadful. I took my policy away from them.
  • anniebea
    anniebea Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suppose the other side of my question is which insurance companies would people recommend from a Customer Service Point of view.

Thanks
  • stevemarsh1976
    Options
    From a customer service point of view without doubt a local broker, brokers exist because of the service they provide and regardless of which insurer they eventually place you with the broker would always be your first point of call.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suppose the other side of my question is which insurance companies would people recommend from a Customer Service Point of view.

local broker every time.

Internet/direct focuses on price not service. Local brokers focus on service and not price (although the difference is not always as much as you would think. Indeed, in some cases it can be cheaper with some insurances).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Carey77
    Options
    I've not been with them myself but my collegues wife had horrendous experience with Sheila's Wheels I would avoid.
  • SillyOldReg
    Options
    I've just renewed my insurance with Admiral after a bit of a trying time with Direct Line.

I've negotiated the price down to less than £1000 for 4 cars! I appreciate that you may only wish to insure one car but you might want to consider talking to them rather than using the internet.

I found them very helpful, and I think 'new' business for them is taken into account too.

Good luck and I wish you well.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family