I've run many deals through my spreadsheets

Options
oldwiring
oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
TBH I have never found one that would give me anyhting worthwhile. Most times normal fluctuatins in use would make them flow to and fro from cheaper to dearer than BT. Our household are modes tisers with Rent and charges totalling c£48 per qtr.

Methinks you must be all suffering from permanently bent arms and phone-ear:D

Now if any of you are writing on the Banks and Current Accounts board you have a cure for that as well as the physical symptons. Don't pick up thr phoen so often.

All said in jest:beer:

Comments

• oldwiring
    Options
    Seriously am I alone or has anyone else calculated that the benefits are marginal?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't understand some of your abbreviations/acronyms but, if you have a BT line on BT Together Option 1, a standard weekday daytime call to any UK 01 or 02 number will, at the moment, cost you 3p per minute (subject to a minimum call charge of 5.5p).

From 1/10/06, it will cost you 3p connection and 3p per minute (i.e. a minimum of 6p).

So, a 30 minute weekday daytime call to any UK 01 or 02 number will, at the moment, cost you 90p (3p per minute).

From 1/10/06, it will cost you 3p connection and 3p per minute thereafter (i.e. 93p).

Using 1899, either call will cost you 3p regardless of duration.

In other words, 1899 will always be cheaper than BT for those calls.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • oldwiring
    Options
    c$48= about $48 per qtr= every 3 months As said by my typowriter- we are modest users

As it happens most of our calls are made in the evening and to Friends and family. Actually I haven't seen anything official from BT and could not see on website. Can anyone point me to the link that gives full details, please?
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    If you make most your calls in the evening and weekends why not CPS your calls to Primus 2 and for NO monthly fee to Primus you get free evening and weekend calls (each call up to 90 mins, redial before 90 mins to avoid charges), then use 1899 for your daytime calls, this will bring down your call costs to next to nothing.

BT's new pricing: http://www.callsave.bt.com/pricing.html
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure