I don't want to pay tax on my hard earned cash

I have had a cash business since i was 18 and have never paid any tax on my earnings.

It's now got to the point where my £40's are piling up in my bedroom in my shoe boxes. Now i want to buy a house/car and all of a sudden i have to prove my income and show accounts.

Is there any way i can get away with this without paying tax. It's not as if i'm as big as Pablo Escabar.

I need advice quick, otherwise my dream of a Ferrari 430 and a house in the countryside will be a distant dream once the taxman tracks me down.

Advice needed urgently.

Replies

• CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Are you registered as self employed? Are you paying class 2 NIC? Are you renting at the moment, living with parents or in a secure unit? Are you doing self assessment returns but not declaring your total income? What age are you now? What's your actual income been for the past 6 years?

You do know that there's no such thing as a £40 note don't you? Sounds like you've been given a pile of duff currency. Where are you getting a house/car from? Is it a Transformer car?

Why do you need the advice urgently? Is someone coming round the ward with your meds?
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • 9217niall9217niall Forumite
    323 Posts
    Maybe you should start being a bit more honest and paying taxes like everyone is supposed to...
    "We are the change that we seek."
  • nomoneytodaynomoneytoday Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I suspect the post is a wind up ;)
  • Paul_HerringPaul_Herring Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Is it a Transformer car?

More like a Tonka I'd guess.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • LongTermLurkerLongTermLurker Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Are you registered as self employed? Are you paying class 2 NIC? Are you renting at the moment, living with parents or in a secure unit?
    lol you've made my night CJ :rotfl:
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • good on you sir but i think the problem is that you are being asked for income but the simple thing is LIE? right? declare the very minimum you can to get approved a loan (is that what you are trying, a loan for your car???) if not what you can do is save your cash until you can buy the car with cash.

if you declare the mimimum you can get away with you wont be taxed much
    or i guess what you can do is say that you receive money from friends and not from a work related source.
  • safc118safc118 Forumite
    138 Posts
    If your so rich bite the bullet and PAY YOUR TAX THAT YOU OWE!!!

if your a tax avoider don't post on a public forum and talk to Lord Ashcroft and try and claim NON DOM stauts
    OP pot £141.92
  • The Inland Revenue detector vans and tracking you down at this very moment... they can smell the cash!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals