We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

wedding shoes

Options
bit of a weird one. hoping you ladies can help me out. now i live in trainers and for work flat shoes. I also own 1 pair of boots with heels on for going out but they zip up the side. as i am getting married in 4 months i figured i needed some 'proper' wedding shoes (despite the fact they will be under my dress and noone will see them :D). I bought some in a similar style to these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-WOMENS-SATIN-PROM-WEDDING-BRIDAL-SHOES-SIZE-3-8_W0QQitemZ370359319788QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?var=&hash=item950325fb8f (but not these actual ones, just wanted to show you the style).

My trainers are a 7 so i bought my wedding shoes in a 6 to make sure i would be able to walk in them. now they fit fine, however when i walk (and this is probably because i do not know how to walk in them) it feels like my heel is coming out of the shoe. should my heel be coming out or am i doing something wrong :rotfl:

or, is there any such product on the market (cheap) which is like a piece of double sided adhesive to put under the heel and make the heel stay there? otherwise i may just sellotape all the way around the shoe and my foot (yes i am serious).

any suggestions welcome:o

Comments

• yumyums
    yumyums Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Are they slightly too big for you? When I had shoes that were a little too big I used these and they helped keep my heel from slipping out
    http://www.boots.com/en/Scholl-Party-Feet-Invisible-Heel-Shields-1-Pair_18638/
  • sneezyboots
    sneezyboots Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    ooooo thanks. i'll look into them. i don't think they are too big as they are a size smaller than my normal shoes i just don't think i know how to walk/position my feet in them :S
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have this problem, some of my heels are size 4 and a half, when im a good 5/6. Its just what i have to do to keep them on my feet :(
  • yumyums
    yumyums Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Are your feet sliding forward in the shoe causing them to be loose at the back? If so, then insoles might also help
  • Bargain_queen_2
    Options
    Those shoes remind me of some I have. I tend to find not having an ankle strap less secure and I half expect the shoe to fly off if the dancing gets a bit vigorous! I'm gonna look for some with straps for my wedding to be on the safe side!
    I remember watching GMTV once when they were answering viewers queries ad someone had a similar problem. There were some clear strap things that keep your shoe on but are not too noticeable. I believe dancers use them too.
    I googled 'clear shoe straps' and something similar came up. Could also try a local dance-wear shop if you have one near you?
  • Bargain_queen_2
    Options
    Might be a bit pricey but I just spotted some of the ones I think he mentioned on GMTV, Heel straps dot com.
    Hope that helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport