MSE - You're a bunch of All Stars

Options
Hi All

Just started on this site approx. 5 weeks ago. Here is what I've saved to date in one month

1. £21 canceled internet. Have it at work so get all the use of it I need
2. Bring lunch into work, saved at very least £46 pm
3. Sourced cheaper car fuel for me and the missus both - £25pm
4. Changeing phone to PAYG est. £20pm
5. Eating Out/Drinking £50
6. Power off electircal items not in use est £4pm

Thats a total of £167 pounds per month back in my pocket every month. Comsumer revenge or what!!!

Intend to
1. renegioate mortgage
2. Home Insurance
3. Life Assurance on mortgage

Just want to thank you all, you are a great little community who helped me alot. A bunch of All Stars - one and all. I live healthier and feel better for saving money. I believe that if people do good things for you you should do good things for other people. Thats how the world should go around. As a result I'm going to take one quarter of that money I used to waste every month and give it to charity.

Many thanks

Franko

Comments

• jaxxy00
    jaxxy00 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Thats a great start Franko43 for a newbie.

This site is a great place and i always make sure i get my daily fix of MSE :) Theres always someone there to help if you need to know something that youve not found the answer too, its like a little family (or should i say a rather large family).

Well done on your offer to give 1/4 of your savings to a charity that is very kind and generous of you. :A
  • BullyCornedBeef
    Options
    Hi Franko, well done. :beer:

On the home insurance front I hear Tesco's offer half price home insurance for new customers. Check their website or pop into your local store for a leaflet.
  • Working_Mum
    Working_Mum Posts: 559 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello there,
    I use a broker in Surrey although i am based in East yorkshire and he has beaten every quote I have ever had first time. Cannot rate him highly enough. I ahve done home/buildings/car and company insurance. Can I give out the company name or is that not allowed?

All the best,

Working Mum
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use a broker in Surrey although i am based in East yorkshire and he has beaten every quote I have ever had first time. Cannot rate him highly enough. I ahve done home/buildings/car and company insurance. Can I give out the company name or is that not allowed?

So long as you don't have any connection with the company other than as a satisfied customer and don't stand to profit from any recommendations, you can feel free to provide the details. :)
  • new
    Options
    adding my thanks....has helped with cutting costs of insurance, etc, has helped to earn money, wonderful people, wonderful forums!
    Thanks Martin and fellow chatters! May you all prosper!
  • hb1444
    hb1444 Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats Franko43, that's a lot of money saved!
  • Franko43
    Franko43 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Posted my old mobile to Envirophone - £17.88 in the post
    Joined Pigsback - £8.20 accumulated

HAPPY DAYS!!
  • Working_Mum
    Options
    The broker is called CR Toogood and is based in East Horsley in Surrey.

I am a totally satisfied customer and have recommended them to all of my friends and business associates. I do not benefit financially.

I must apologise for the lateness of this response but I am realtively new to MSE and have only just discovered how to review my previous posts!!

Working Mum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport