We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
comet
Comments
-
tell the manager that this is the 5th time with the same fault and that it is not acceptable for your laptop to be sent away for the same fault 5 times if they have to send it off you want written proof if the laptop comes back with the same fault again they are to swap the laptop make sure the manager agrees i am sure you are covered under the 6 year eu law but any ways try that first
thanks for the advice, I shall be going back tomorrow evening to see them. As ever, if I'm polite then they should be too
always smile no matter how broken you are.0 -
I love comet, they gave me the best laugh I have had in ages.
Went in to buy a washing machine and a fridge freezer, they young spotty was clearly on a mission to sell me equipment insurance and his opening line was 'if this item breaks you could be 6 to 8 weeks without a repair man calling' - At this point I asked why I should but items with such poor product support :-)
It was amusing watching him backpeddalling faster than a cyclist heading downhill into a pond full of hungry crocs :-)0 -
Just a word of warning though. Buy nothing from Comet. They are not interested in customers.
+1 Bad experience with an Acer computer/Comet - replacement has the same fault. Wasted a week of my life sorting out associated problems and it now takes up to 25 minutes each morning to get it to switch on. I get the feeling they stock 'seconds'. Nothing would ever get me to buy from them again. Ever.0 -
Hi trathen,
My name’s Matt and I’m from Comet.
It was disappointing to learn of the problems that you are experiencing with your Acer laptop, and that the information you have recently received in store has not been helpful.
After discussing this matter with our Multimedia department, and seeking advice from the manufacturer, they have confirmed that there are no known reasons why the touchpad and mouse buttons would fail.
While our normal procedure would be to conduct a chargeable repair as the laptop is out of guarantee, I am concerned that this is the fifth time that you have experienced this problem. Therefore, so that I can investigate this matter further and understand the problems that you have experienced, please could you send me an e-mail via the link below.
https://comet.custhelp.com
You will need to register a few details with us to be able to send your e-mail in.
Chalkysoil, I was also sorry to learn that you are having similar problems with your replacement Acer laptop.
If you could e-mail me via the link above with your purchase information I will look into this further for you.
Thanks
Matt“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Comet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
thanks for the reply matt but I believe i've had the same automated reply on another forum. If anybody from comet reads this again I want them to know how disgustingly poor their customer services is, I suggest that anyone avoids them until they buck up their ideas and read a book about good customer service. Ive got to a point now where I'm going to get the same crap from customer services online as I have done instore. trading standards have been useless and its now at a point where I have to consider sending several letters of complaint to get this unbelieveably stubborn company to even consider budging. any more help would be great because Ive been told the same thing each time Ive been into the store over this problem, we have to inspect it for £45 and then let you know of any repairs needed.0
-
:mad: good old comet!!!! willing to send out engineer but i must pay £29.99 for him to tell me its a cosmetic fault !!!!!!!! dont shop at comet their customer care is rubbish:eek:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards