We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
comet
sweetypie2
Posts: 63 Forumite
hi i bought anew fridge 4mnths ago from comet the name lettering on front of fridge is coming off! reported it to them and have been told theres nothing i can do? surely this shouldnt happen told them i would contact trading standards but all they say is it is fit for the purpose it was sold for? any help please!!!!!:mad:
0
Comments
-
Nothing at all, no guarantee covers cosmetic damage, even if you took out there extra cover would not cover cosmetic as the product still worksHi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam0
-
That is terribble. I had a similar problem when I bought a new Hoover cleaner. I know this sounds OCD but there was a wee red Hoover badge on the front of the appliance and it fell off.
Now this didn't affect the cleaner at all but the Hoover Helpline posted me a new one. So great service I would say. Your problem is similar, I would be raging.
Hopefully you will get it sorted. Just a word of warning though. Buy nothing from Comet. They are not interested in customers.0 -
sweetypie2 wrote: »hi i bought anew fridge 4mnths ago from comet the name lettering on front of fridge is coming off! reported it to them and have been told theres nothing i can do? surely this shouldnt happen told them i would contact trading standards but all they say is it is fit for the purpose it was sold for? any help please!!!!!:mad:
Hi sweetypie2,
My name’s Matt and I’m from Comet.
I was sorry to note the problems that you have been experiencing with your fridge with regards to the lettering coming off your appliance. It was also disappointing to hear that the advice you were previously given was unhelpful.
After seeking advice from our white goods specialist, who confirmed that there no known reasons why the lettering would come off your fridge. Although cosmetic damage is not covered by the guarantee, due to the age of your fridge I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to call out and complete an inspection in order to determine the cause of problem.
Therefore could you please send me an email using the link below which includes your purchase details.
http://comet.custhelp.com
You will need to register a few details to be able to send your email in.
Regards,
Matt“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Comet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
Oh well. I eat my words. Sound like they care. I just have an axe to grind with Comet as they won't price match any appliances with Argos cause the argos website says home delivery within 5 or 7 days and for Comet the item must be instock!
This is just an estimate from Argos though. So basically for the price match to work at Comet, you could only ask them to price match with Currys. I can't think of anywhere else that physically have items like a cooker or washing machine sitting in a branch for collection or delivery.
Booooooo Comet!
0 -
comet care up to a point, when they can send an item to the manufacturer. their customer services is poor and some of the instore staff haven't got a clue. I want them to acknowledge me. I want to show people what problems ive had so ive got this i posted in another topic: Ive got an acer aspire that has been the most unreliable piece of electronic equipment Ive ever owned. 5 times the thing has broken in just over 12 months and 4 of them have been for the same thing. all comet ever want to do is send it back to acer for repairs and have always knocked us back on a potential refund/replacement stating that they would be left with a dud laptop that acer wouldn't want back. seriously? its now at a point where trading standards have become involved and are going to phone me in the next few days with help. I have lost all respect for comet and wouldn't choose to purchase anything from them in the future or from acer.0
-
It's interesting (not to say amusing) to see Comet monitoring this group for complaints.
For this Badger it's far too late. I avoid Comet like the plague and will continue to do so.
It's going to take a lot more than just polishing-up the image on line, chaps!0 -
hiyacomet care up to a point, when they can send an item to the manufacturer. their customer services is poor and some of the instore staff haven't got a clue. I want them to acknowledge me. I want to show people what problems ive had so ive got this i posted in another topic: Ive got an acer aspire that has been the most unreliable piece of electronic equipment Ive ever owned. 5 times the thing has broken in just over 12 months and 4 of them have been for the same thing. all comet ever want to do is send it back to acer for repairs and have always knocked us back on a potential refund/replacement stating that they would be left with a dud laptop that acer wouldn't want back. seriously? its now at a point where trading standards have become involved and are going to phone me in the next few days with help. I have lost all respect for comet and wouldn't choose to purchase anything from them in the future or from acer.
the problem is acer and all laptop companies they have return compliance terms and conditions to companies like comet currys pc world on returning laptops most of the time it is due to software related issues which are not covered under the manufacture's guarrentee. they dont deem the people on the customer service as qualified engineers to look and deem if it is a hardware fault or not and request that the item is sent off for them to look at it i must admit if you are saying that your laptop has been in 4 times i would be wanting to take it up with a manager of the store and not the customer service its a few years since i worked in currys but i guess the policy still hasnt changed:( what was the fault with your laptop if you dont mind me asking:)always smile no matter how broken you are.0 -
The first time the fan was loud an stopped working. After that the last 4 times have been the left mouse button not working. Each mouse repair being unsucessful0
-
i would deffo take it back and tell the customer service you needed to see a manager and get him to sort it the problem but try and be as polite as possible i am sure if anyone can sort it the manager can hope this helps youThe first time the fan was loud an stopped working. After that the last 4 times have been the left mouse button not working. Each mouse repair being unsucessful
always smile no matter how broken you are.0 -
i would deffo take it back and tell the customer service you needed to see a manager and get him to sort it the problem but try and be as polite as possible i am sure if anyone can sort it the manager can hope this helps you
thanks for the advice, I shall be going back tomorrow evening to see them. As ever, if I'm polite then they should be too
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards