🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

1899 similar...

Options
My rented accomadation unfortunately has a NTL phone/TV/Internet package. I really miss using my 1899 account, as not compatable with NTL lines etc.
So yesterday I signed up with 18185, but did not realise at the time there is a 4p connection charge plus 1p a minute cost to landlines, athought some calls abroad seem better value than 1899.
So my question is, it there any other company NTL line friendly as cheap as 1899 at 3p a call
Many thanks

Comments

• Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very nearly...
    Try THE PHONE CO-OP's Home USer Tariff, you'll get evening and weekend calls for a 4.7p fixed fee, no per minute charging. Not quite 3p but it's a start.

TOPUPNOW is also good for certain international destinations - 5p fixed fee for the call

See http://wakeup.to/cheapercablecalls for ideas
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    LJOS wrote:
    My rented accomadation unfortunately has a NTL phone/TV/Internet package. I really miss using my 1899 account, as not compatable with NTL lines etc.
    So yesterday I signed up with 18185, but did not realise at the time there is a 4p connection charge plus 1p a minute cost to landlines, athought some calls abroad seem better value than 1899.
    So my question is, it there any other company NTL line friendly as cheap as 1899 at 3p a call
    Many thanks

18185 and 1899 are run by the same company, both 'compatible' with NTL, just that you need to dial the 0808 access code instead, and as you found out (though both do list on their websites) that you don't get the 0p/min on UK calls.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, even though they have switched to per minute billing instead of per second billing, the cost to call the UK remains the same, 0p/min you just pay the connection charge, 3p with 1899 and 4p with 18185 - this is from BT landlines.

From cable networks or WLR landlines where indirect access has been blocked / not available and you need to use the 0808 access number, then you are charged 1p/min + connection charge.

(Edit: This was in reply to a post that has now been deleted).
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport