Some buyers really push their luck...

Accepted a best offer on 26th, sent a payment reminder this morning before we open an NPB on them.

Just received this message
cheers for thr price but can u wait till 26 of april because it is my sons birthday please thx

So... they want us to hold their item for exactly a month from their purchase date.

Here's an idea: You pay today, we post tomorrow, then you look after the item for the required time. :wall:
Back on MSE after a 5 year hiatus.

:heart2: Rhi :heart2:

Comments

• Yeah! I mean why buy an item now if you don't want it yet??
  • Why can't they pay for it then when they receive it, wrap it up then give it to their son in a months time for his birthday?
    My daughters are my world
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ive had buyers do the same today. She purchased 3 weeks ago, said immediately (after buying) that she wanted to use her April plus points to pay, so I agreed to defer payment, then this evening, her husband has bought her the exact item.

Spooky how many husbands are suddenly spontaneously telepathic.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    I accepted a best offer a week later i opened a npb after reminders etc, then she pays via an e-cheque! I was tempted to cancel the whole transaction just for mucking me about. 17days just to get a payment for something that was buy it now is taking the pee a bit.
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Ive had people win my items (not bin) then, after I send the invoice they email to say that cant pay until the 1st (or whatever their pay date) and is this ok?

Usually it is ok but im selling on ebay because i need money now not in 3 weeks time!

As a buyer also, I would never do this unless the seller agreed to it before I made a bid on their item
  • willa
    willa Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DaveAshton wrote: »
    Accepted a best offer on 26th, sent a payment reminder this morning before we open an NPB on them.

Just received this message

So... they want us to hold their item for exactly a month from their purchase date.

Here's an idea: You pay today, we post tomorrow, then you look after the item for the required time. :wall:

Unbelievable! I just don't know how some people have the cheek.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

':eek: Beam me up NOW Scotty!'

:p
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Seriously? That's more than a little cheeky. Plus if you don't send within ebays time scale you lose seller protection.

I'd be so tempted to wait till payment then send a note saying:

'Cheers for payment. But can you wait till May 26th for delivery as it's my daughters birthday kthxbi'
    Sigless
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport