Insurance claim with tesco , anyone can help?

Options
Hi There ,

My husband was involved in the accident end of February , and someone drove into his work van.he is 3rd part only insured , so Tesco contacted him ( person who is responsible for the accident is insured with them) and informed my husband that valuation of repairs is more than value of the car. Troubles started when they started to make silly offers for us trying to low down their cost. we did not agree to any of them , and since week no contact with us.We lost money trying to contact them , my husband lost money beacuse he cannot work without vehicle ( self - employed) . does anyone can giva any advice how to deal with them and get our money back? not only car cost but as well phone expenses and work loss because of that mess.
Thanks

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,002 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    See if your own insurer can help.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    if the car is needed for work he would able to hire the same spec car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business