IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN (City of London) Parking Fines

Options
Received parking fine when stopped in a bay intended for commercial vehicles. This was served by camera even though I had not been there for more than a minute. I simply stopped to see what the restrictions were, did not turn off engine or leave car, and left as soon as I saw I could not park there. I appealed against ticket but was rejected. Should I take it further; anyone with experience of case like this? If I lose the appeal I will have to pay full rate, while at the moment I can still pay reduced (£60) rate. So pay up and shut up - or take it on, and risk bigger fine, that's the question! :easter:

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2010 at 9:19PM
    Options
    I'm not an expert on PCNs but there may be an angle for you if there's something wrong with the wording of the PCN or with the signage at the place where the contravention was alleged.

My advice is to register and read the FAQS on the READ THIS FIRST sticky thread on pepipoo.com and then post your thread here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

You will need to add images as per the site rules - see FAQs - of the front & back of the PCN, all the small print, plus try to show the place where this occurred on Google Street View, try to show the sign (or go and take a picture of it on foot if you live nearby).

The contravention is for 'waiting' I think - so the fact you didn't actually park the car is considered irrelevant by the Council. Hence you need some other angle to appeal on I think and if there is one then pepipoo posters will find it.

Worth a try, best of luck.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    You should be allowed time to read the signs.
    If that is all you did then I would appeal.
    Appealing means risking the full amount and adjudicators can be, shall we say 'fickle'.

If it was me I would appeal, but this is your decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure