voucher refusal

Options
hi guys
anyone help..?..i called a local pub/restaurant today to book a table and was told that it had changed hands and the voucher i recieved as a christmas present was no longer valid under the new management.the obnoxious person i spoke to said all he could do was give me the old managers name and adress.

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 March 2010 at 8:05PM
    Options
    Sounds fair enough to me, what would you expect was going to happen.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    i dont think there is anything you can do and even the old manager is unlikely to be able to do anything
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • whatmichaelsays
    Options
    hi guys
    anyone help..?..i called a local pub/restaurant today to book a table and was told that it had changed hands and the voucher i recieved as a christmas present was no longer valid under the new management.the obnoxious person i spoke to said all he could do was give me the old managers name and adress.

When you say "obnoxious person", did you mean, "manager who, quite reasonably, wouldn't give me my own way"?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When you say "obnoxious person", did you mean, "manager who, quite reasonably, wouldn't give me my own way"?
    It's funny how all these third parties are aways described as obnoxious, rude, abusive all the time whenever they disagree with the OPs. ;)
  • UK2010
    UK2010 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options

Exactly what I thought, I can spot them a mile off!
  • Dick_Van_Dyke
    Options
    A lot depends on the nature of the change of ownership though.
    The new manager cant just ignore previous liabilities unless certain conditions are met.
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You really need to give more details as to what this voucher is. Has the pub changed ownership or just managers ?
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • rl290
    rl290 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Assuming management has changed, then what the "obnoxious" man said was correct. Suppose you were given a Woolworth's voucher and then turned up to the store after they'd gone bust and been turned into an Argos. Would you expect Argos to take the voucher? This is an analogous situation.

R
  • UK2010
    UK2010 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    Optimist wrote: »
    You really need to give more details as to what this voucher is. Has the pub changed ownership or just managers ?

He actually wrote changed hands.
    and was told that it had changed hands

This would indicate it's now a completely different business.
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    UK2010 wrote: »
    He actually wrote changed hands.

This would indicate it's now a completely different business.

Indeed he did and it would. It has been a long day and I need to learn to read before commenting :D
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure