PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Fixing Snags

Options
I have put an offer on a semi-detached house which has been accepted. On 2nd viewing I have discovered a number of "snags" e.g. broken window etc.

The vendor is saying the property is sold as seen ie. they are my responsibility. Do I have any room to amend the offer with the cost of these snags deducted?
Gunderful a.k.a JudgeJules8165

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can try. Vendor will either say yes or no.
  • Cannon_Fodder
    Cannon_Fodder Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    Options
    Wait for survey, you may have some more serious ammunition. I trust you specified the offer is subject to contract/survey.

If you argue over relatively small amounts now, if something big comes up in the survey the vendor might well tell you to take a hike...

Assuming you really like/want the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure