bluetooth headset refund

Options
jassi_9
jassi_9 Posts: 1,358 Forumite
edited 29 March 2010 at 8:07PM in Consumer rights
Hi i bought a bluetooth headset to use for playstation 3, pc and mobile ...from maplins today...

just as i was about to pay (by card) i asked if i could return the product if it didnt like it or it didnt work well....for a refund...

the lady said that due to hygiene reasons, they would not refund the product and the best they would do is exchange it for another or something else.

just my luck that the thing doesnt work with anything! i tried it on two phones, my pc, laptop and ps3 and none of them could recoginse it...

i am going back to the shop 2mrw, but as the product is faulty and not working, surely im entitled to a full refund on the product?!

i dont want to excahnge it for another as they only had a choice of three and all were from the same brand (nexus) so why would i want another dodgy product from that company?....

am i entitled to a full refund here, or can they force me to exchange it for another or give me a credit note etc?

thanks

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If its faulty then yes you should be entitled to a full refund, at this stage you do not have to accept any onther remedy. Do not accept a credit note or vouchers.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jassi_9 wrote: »
    the lady said that due to hygiene reasons, they would not refund the product and the best they would do is exchange it for another or something else.

Don't understand this bit! Hygiene reasons would make it non returnable, (unless faulty), any way, why should hygiene rules not apply for an exchange?
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• whatmichaelsays
    Options
    Ex Maplin employee here so I'll clarify:

If it's faulty, they'll refund it or replace it (assuming it returned within 14 days, after which they can send it for testing)

The "exchange due to hygiene reasons" refers to returns under the 14 day "I longer want it / need it" policy. That said, she's given you the wrong advice there. Stuff like that isn't returnable under that policy full stop unless it is still sealed.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure