PPI Claiming!

Options
Hello,

Ive just been looking at all of my old burton store card statement, ive only just realised that i have been paying account cover at £1.50 per £100. I didnt even realise i was paying it and i can not even remember agreeing to it.

Does anyone know if i can claim it back?

All opinions welcome!

Adie

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    adie_11 wrote: »
    Hello,

Ive just been looking at all of my old burton store card statement, ive only just realised that i have been paying account cover at £1.50 per £100. I didnt even realise i was paying it and i can not even remember agreeing to it.

Does anyone know if i can claim it back?

All opinions welcome!

Adie

Hi there

My son have just been successful in reclaiming from these, he was sold this when he was just 17, give it a go, even though he have settled the account, it makes no difference if its settled or still active.

Follow the guidelines on below link and ask for further help if required, good luck.;)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • adie_11
    adie_11 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks im going to start doing that now! Was unsure if i could claim or not! I was the similar age to your son also when i got my card!
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks im going to start doing that now! Was unsure if i could claim or not! I was the similar age to your son also when i got my card!

You have a good chance to reclaim then, because they should not have sold this to you under the age of 18 as you would not have been eligible to make a claim. So give it a go, keep at them. Good luck.;)

If you have the statements the address is shown on there, the statements on my sons was GE Money, and if yours is also the same write to these too, the letters are then sent to you by Santander.

Hope this helps.:)
  • adie_11
    adie_11 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I have just been looking at the original agreement and i was 21 so can not go down that route!
  • di3004
    Options
    I have just been looking at the original agreement and i was 21 so can not go down that route!

There are lots of reasons, maybe they just automatically added it,
    or maybe you were not employed at all or if you was and was employed less than 16 hours you would not be eligble.

So do check out the checklist just in case.;)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family