Ppi claim

Options
I was advised by the Financial Ombudsman that they supported my claim agains the Clydsdale Bank for recovery of PPI. They said I should recieve from the bank a settlement offer within 8 weeks. Having not heard from the bank after 9 weeks I sent them a letter with a copy to the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman acknowledged my letter but i have heard nothing from the bank. It is now 14 weeks since I was told by the Ombudsman that they had judged in my favour. Any advice.
:mad:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    albemarle wrote: »
    I was advised by the Financial Ombudsman that they supported my claim agains the Clydsdale Bank for recovery of PPI. They said I should recieve from the bank a settlement offer within 8 weeks. Having not heard from the bank after 9 weeks I sent them a letter with a copy to the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman acknowledged my letter but i have heard nothing from the bank. It is now 14 weeks since I was told by the Ombudsman that they had judged in my favour. Any advice.
    :mad:

Hi there
    I know how you feel and its so frustrating.

My hubby signed his acceptance with the FOS (Oct 2009) and its going on at least 16 weeks where he is still waiting for his refund. That is not counting as from the acceptance but when the FOS said to expect his refund.

However, the FOS have been good chasing this up for him, and my hubby have also wrote to the Chief Exective Officer (CEO) of the bank.
    The bank over the last month or so been stating "next week he should receive his cheque" and the same again the following week.

Well its costing them more simple interest to pay out, that's the way I see it, but still so frustrating when its owed to you.

Hope you hear soon, do you know who the CEO is of the bank?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • albemarle
    Options
    Many thanks for that information. I do not know who the chief of the bank is but I hope to find out and do as you did...and write to him... Once again..Thank You..
  • di3004
    edited 29 March 2010 at 3:06PM
    Options
    albemarle wrote: »
    Many thanks for that information. I do not know who the chief of the bank is but I hope to find out and do as you did...and write to him... Once again..Thank You..

Your very welcome, good luck.;):beer:
    Will pm you.
  • Stuart_1980
    Options
    Are there any rules to force payouts quicker by these organisations or can they just make their own rules at this stage too?
  • di3004
    Options
    Are there any rules to force payouts quicker by these organisations or can they just make their own rules at this stage too?

I am interested in finding this out, but if your case goes to the ombudsman himself from an adjudicator they must follow the instructions to pay out, where the FOS send clients letters normally to state if you have not heard or received your refund by approx 4 weeks contact the bank etc, any problems then contact the FOS again who will chase the case up.

Some I believe write to the FSA, but not sure if they can actually get involved.

I think there should be timescales on paying out, be interested to know if there is.
  • di3004
    Options
    Hubby is still waiting for an update on his, the bank have confirmed receipt of acceptance sent from the FOS, they received these in early Dec 2009, after hubby signed a month or so before.

Hopefully the FOS will have some good news for hubby this week.
    Fingers crossed.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family