Lloyds TSB

Options
dippynina
dippynina Posts: 315 Forumite
Uniform Washer
edited 28 March 2010 at 9:26PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
I wrote to Lloyds TSB last year to claim back PPI on a credit card. They sent the usual letter back and I ended up passing it to FOS. An adjudicator called me last week for further information. He then called me back to say he had looked further on in my file and found a letter from Lloyds TSB dated 20th November saying they had reconsidered and were now offering me a full refund. The adjudicator asked if I had received any correspondence from them but I haven't received anything. He said he would look into this and get back to me. (This was only last week)

I am just curious really and wondered if anyone had a similar story and did the matter resolve itself?

Also wanted to ask if it is always just the last 6 years that are refunded as I actually took card out in 1994 and it was paid in full at the end of 2005.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.;)

Comments

• Bonnie2009
    Bonnie2009 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Lloyds said they hadn't received my acceptance for PPI repayments from Lloyds - I asked them three times to send them again, and they said they would. I haven't received them.

They also said they would send me a breakdown of the repayments, but they haven't.

The answer might be that Royal Mail don't deliver anything from Lloyds - but I think the answer lies in the lack of respect the staff have for claimants, to be honest. I'm not convinced that they are really all that bothered about communicating with us.

Glad you are getting the refund - I think it should go back all the way. I asked about whether there was PPI on my credit card (asked last September) and still haven't even had an acknowledgement. It's with the FOS, along with my other claims (I've had five upheld by Lloyds, but others are with FOS). I find their methods of dealing with customers disgraceful, never mind the way money was taken off us like that.
  • dippynina
    dippynina Posts: 315 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Bonnie2009 wrote: »
    Lloyds said they hadn't received my acceptance for PPI repayments from Lloyds - I asked them three times to send them again, and they said they would. I haven't received them.

They also said they would send me a breakdown of the repayments, but they haven't.

The answer might be that Royal Mail don't deliver anything from Lloyds - but I think the answer lies in the lack of respect the staff have for claimants, to be honest. I'm not convinced that they are really all that bothered about communicating with us.

Glad you are getting the refund - I think it should go back all the way. I asked about whether there was PPI on my credit card (asked last September) and still haven't even had an acknowledgement. It's with the FOS, along with my other claims (I've had five upheld by Lloyds, but others are with FOS). I find their methods of dealing with customers disgraceful, never mind the way money was taken off us like that.

Thanks Bonnie2009. My other concern is that Lloyds TSB offered full refund in November but now that its been passed to to an adjudicator he may advise Lloyds TSB not to uphold my complaint. I only say this because of the questions he asked me last week and my answers. I may be being pessimistic though so will just need to wait and see what happens. Sorry your not having much luck though. I totally agree about their customer care though I've had many problems with them in the past.
    If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.;)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    LLOYDS ALL OVER............tell me about it!!!

I had actually contacted the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) in the end to make them budge.......:mad:.

We were given date after date in regards of the acceptance slips when they decided to uphold in our favour after offers of goodwill, it had taken them more than a month for them to actually reach us, until I got the CEO involved that is.

PM me for details if required folks.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    dippynina wrote: »
    I wrote to Lloyds TSB last year to claim back PPI on a credit card. They sent the usual letter back and I ended up passing it to FOS. An adjudicator called me last week for further information. He then called me back to say he had looked further on in my file and found a letter from Lloyds TSB dated 20th November saying they had reconsidered and were now offering me a full refund. The adjudicator asked if I had received any correspondence from them but I haven't received anything. He said he would look into this and get back to me. (This was only last week)

I am just curious really and wondered if anyone had a similar story and did the matter resolve itself?

Also wanted to ask if it is always just the last 6 years that are refunded as I actually took card out in 1994 and it was paid in full at the end of 2005.

hi hun

That is fab news Well done to you:beer:

Maybe a letter is on the way any day now to you, if not then maybe the FOS will send you a copy by email attachment perhaps?;)

I have had a few with LLOYDS, the FOS resolved my Credit Card PPI over a year ago in my favour and recently upheld in our favour on the 2 loan PPI - directly by LLOYDS, although they offered a goodwill at first with a final response, they still changed it and upheld in full refund plus interest after asking them to review it again.

So we got there with them finally, still awaiting on another 2 but did not get these 2 in the same time as the other 2, same reasons given so hopefully they will again uphold, fingers crossed and hope you receive your money soon, well done.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport