We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Rockdoor composite doors - opinions?
Pinklepurr
Posts: 331 Forumite
We're about to replace our existing rubbish front and back doors with composite doors by Rockdoor. They appear to be incredibly secure, there is a wide choice of designs & colours and they come with anti-bumping locks.
I just wondered if anyone had installed Rockdoors and what do they think of them....?
We're hoping that by changing our doors we will have less of a problem obtaining buildings & contents insurance.
They are pricey but I hate U-PVC ones and wood wouldn't look right with our modern house.
Thanks
I just wondered if anyone had installed Rockdoors and what do they think of them....?
We're hoping that by changing our doors we will have less of a problem obtaining buildings & contents insurance.
They are pricey but I hate U-PVC ones and wood wouldn't look right with our modern house.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Hi, I am looking at purchasing a Rockdoor, did you go ahead with your purchase last year? Would you recommend them?
Many thanks,
Sam0 -
Yes, we have had Rockdoors for over a year now and are very pleased with them, both in terms of the security the offer, as well as they way they look. The only problem for us was finding a local supplier who was also qualified to fit them! They were expensive but worth every penny. Many people have commented on how good the doors look (we went for the Jacobean front door in blue with the Apollo glass and a plain one for the back door). A year on and they look like new, no warping or colour fading - brilliant!
I hope this helps!0 -
Hey Pinklepurr good choice, I had an apollo jacobean fitted only a few days ago in light oak outside, white inside. I'll upload a pic tomorrow, i'm in love with it

After 3 weeks of shopping around I found a supplier who was £437 cheaper than my first quote. Result!!0 -
Hey Pinklepurr good choice, I had an apollo jacobean fitted only a few days ago in light oak outside, white inside. I'll upload a pic tomorrow, i'm in love with it

After 3 weeks of shopping around I found a supplier who was £437 cheaper than my first quote. Result!![/
You were lucky to get a choice of quotes. We could only get one so had to go with that! Nevertheless, we feel it was worth the money.0 -
I've just had my windows replaced and had both a composite french door and composite front door. I chose antracite grey as my colour and they match my home great, I don't think they were rockdoor though because the company I used made their own but the glass design in my front door is lovely (like a cluster of diamonds)." When life keeps trying to let you down just remember you are not full of hot air so cannot be deflated"0
-
i need a new front door and was looking at composite, a company called strata had an offer of 50% off a composite door, from £1400 to £700 approx. i thought that was great then another company quoted me a basic £860 so now the question is, was the first trying it on or is it a better quality product!?
how much did you pay (to all) if you don't mind me asking?0 -
I'm not sure on the cost of the door itself as I bought mine as part of a package with my windows but the company I used have 3 differant ranges i believe, a budget range, median range and higher range. I chose a higher range one which the door itself is fully wood covered in plastic unlike some composte doors which are wood frames with a polystyrene infill (or so i believe). In the paper the other day they were advertising doors in the budget range from £450 and i'm happy to pass on the details if you pm me
" When life keeps trying to let you down just remember you are not full of hot air so cannot be deflated"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards