We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What weight is this gravel bag please?

Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!

Comments

  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi your link isn't working properly heres one that works.

    I think these bags are around 25kg in weight, or that's what they were when I got some last year - possibly have shrunk a bit by then, but I reckon 20-25kg.
    HTH

    It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Wookey
    Wookey Posts: 812 Forumite
    Yeah shouldnt be over 25kg due to H+S laws.
    Norn Iron Club member No 353
  • knowloads
    knowloads Posts: 368 Forumite
    Damn 25kg health and safety, when I were a lad........ grump, hundredweight all day, humbug, 20 stone of bricks in a hod up a ladder before breakfast. 80)
  • Plasterer
    Plasterer Posts: 819 Forumite
    knowloads wrote: »
    Damn 25kg health and safety, when I were a lad........ grump, hundredweight all day, humbug, 20 stone of bricks in a hod up a ladder before breakfast. 80)

    you look good for it though
    Amazon-Donna-blonde%20(2).jpg

    :eek: 20 or 25 kilos max
  • gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Hi 25kg as we have just bought some stones but dont like them!!
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2010 at 10:41PM
    Ready mixed bricklaying mortar from Wickes is in 20kg bags.

    When I built my first house in the 60's, the cement was in 1cwt(50kg) bags. I could just about manage them then, but today I am very thankful that the bags are no more than 25kg.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.