Just need a vent!

Options
Last night dog managed to nearly kill my phone - not a biggie, phone is insured and the replacement will be here tomorrow (£25 excess *sigh* not a problem with a £400 phone tho!!) then this morning OH was leaving for work (2 nights away each week in Kent booo) and someone had left the window open on the passengers side and I got the blame for soaked car (btw it turned out it WASN'T me but was him when he'd been to golf after I was last in the car so he did appologise) and was feeling suitably annoyed. Was abotu to hop in shower before dashing to work and phone rings, I curse go answer it expecting OH to have forgotten something and a lady asks me if I am missing a dog... uhmmm well not that I know of... "well someone has just called us (pet missing bureu - she has a collar tag) to say they've found her etc" cue half naked amazon storming downstairs to find open front door... cue lot's of cursing and appology to kind lady on the phone. Get details of where dog is and call them to thank profusely and tell them I'll be there in 2 secs.
Run down road ( now dressed) past all the workmen with a lead clentched in one fist and vaguely wishing I'd stopped to put on bra... hohum maybe now they'll come finish my lawn a bit quicker....
Locate house where kangaroo cross has ended up and repeat profuse thanks to kind lady and make huge fuss of HER dog which is very well behaved and gorgeous... put lead on MY seriously pain in the buttox hound and proceed to drag her home...
Send snotty text to OH whom by now has not only accused me of leaving his car window open, nearly let our dog get killed AND failed to propose last weekend... NOT amused!
Realise I'm late for work, throw on work clothes and do 20 metre dash to car patting pockets for phones, change, key etc... slap forehead and return to lock the front door lest we have repeat of earlier performance...

And all this before I even got to work :)
DFW Nerd #025
DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey

Comments

• lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    yikes! what do you say to that???? erm keep your head up am sure day can only get better. as for oh not proposing...was he supposed to? maybe you need to lay a few subtle hints...or maybe he's waiting till it's least expected?
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    O he knows he's expected to... We don't often do romantic things together but he took me to London for a day out together and was lovelly and must admit I was expecting some new bling on a certain finger... but nothing :(
    He's however decided after being a complete twit that he's taking me away on saturday to a hotel and won't tell me where so you never know ;)
    DFW Nerd #025

• lynsayjane
    Options
    i personally think men are just fraidy cats when it comes to this kind of thing, either that or so stupid they don't get the hints! i've got a friend who is 5-6 months pregnant :j and her and her oh have bought a flat together etc, she wants him to propose, they were away in florida when she found out she was pregnant again (2 miscarriages) and she thought he'd do it then, but he didn't. perhaps you both need to wait till the next leap year (i think 2008).
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    No trust me he'll propose ;) he knows it's more than his life's worth not to ;)
    Threats apart then I knwo he'll propose... just don't know when :)
    DFW Nerd #025

• bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    I had a less fraught but similar morning, ended up in tears before work. Firstly, no milk (live in houseshare) - this doesn't bother me, but i feel bad for my OH as he went to work with an empty stomach (though I have the feeling he had French Fries crisps for breakfast). Then he commented on our room being a bit dusty, which i took the wrong way, and then I couldn't find my medication (just finished one box) and it's not where i KNOW i left it. NO idea where it is, cannot really afford another prescription so will turn house over tonight. Am now being all paranoid and thinking my flatmates would find it amusing to hide it? Hope not.

My grandma, bless her, just rang me to ask If i was ok - she always knows when i'm not.

Big hugs to Tine! x
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    tine wrote:
    No trust me he'll propose ;) he knows it's more than his life's worth not to ;)
    Threats apart then I knwo he'll propose... just don't know when :)

I know the feeling, BF knows which ring I want, which size I need, and "wants it to be a surprise"....so every possible romantic/memorable plac we visit is dogged by thoughts of "will he..won't he...oh b*&&er he didn't"!! :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    Floss wrote:
    I know the feeling, BF knows which ring I want, which size I need, and "wants it to be a surprise"....so every possible romantic/memorable plac we visit is dogged by thoughts of "will he..won't he...oh b*&&er he didn't"!! :D

WELCOME TO MY WORLD! :rotfl:

They'll get round to asking when they are ready I suppose but sooner would be nicer than later ;)

Good luck with yours hunni!
    DFW Nerd #025

• lynsayjane
    Options
    i don't want to sound bad here, so feel free to ignore this, but if your ready to get married and they haven't asked maybe they arent ready for it?

i guess the worrying thing is if he knows what ring/size etc and still hasn't asked why are you still hanging around? sorry, maybe it's just me. my ex asked me to marry him, i said yes, then he said he wanted to wait two years to make sure things would work out, i told him to get lost. i dont want a long engagement, in my eyes the wait between the ring and the big day should be how long it takes you to save up/plan it. if your not sure it's going to work why ask??
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    Women bring this on themselves by agreeing to live with their fella BEFORE marriage!
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • DrEvil_2
    DrEvil_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Floss wrote:

From a guy's point of view, this is a lot of pressure.

It was important to me that I surpirsed my wife with the proposal. She wasn't really expecting it and that was perfect.

He is probably feeling a bit of pressure at the moment. He may not suggest doing romantic things because he might be worried of creating false hopes.
    Maybe a more relaxed approach will help. It sounds like he wants to but wants it to be a surprise.
    If I can't have world domination, I'll settle for debt domination instead:D
    Debts May 2006 £18,100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family